Loan money, rehab or buy notes?

Hello all,

I have come across a private investor I had not though of. A relative. My grandfather. He informed me that he had over $200k in retirment investment money he recently cashed out and at the age of 95 he stated “he’s not afraid to risk some of it to help me out”.

We spoke about it briefly and he mentioned the max he could give me for investing is $100k. That almost made me fall off my chair. No intrest, no points, no set pay back schedule. So now I have a few options to consider:

I have a good business relationship with an investor I’ve nkow for 9 years who buys multi’s and store fronts and is always looking for capital to keep moving forward. I am considering approaching him about partnering on a few of his deals for a 10-12% return on my money.

or

Partner with the rehabber who got me into the business, do fix and flips with him, however, his model was fix, refi and rent, I wonder if I can get him to follow my fix and sell model instead? Teaching old dogs new tricks. How hard would that be?

or Lastly

Buy notes at a discount. I have only done this once before but things went well with me earning 15% on the money I invested on the note. Tax leins I have studied also however I have never purchased one due to the fact that it will not superceed a 1st mortgage or chapter 13 which is very risky.

I’m open to suggestions and opinions to consider from the very knowledegable memebers of this board.

Happy Superbowl Sunday

Mancill

Best to post in one place.

See my reply in the other forum.

Add a link from this thread to that thread so everyone can be part of one conversation.

The best vehicle for investment is the one you have more knowledge about because then you can control your risk. So my questions is which of those 3 techniques are you more experience with? if the answer is none of them I suggest you first invest in your education and then you start doing small deals in one techniques and go from there. Focus in one technique at first and get good at it because you take decision in partnering or investing large amounts of money.

I would add that you need to talk to accountant and make sure of the ramifications of borrowing money from your grandpa with those terms…

[QUOTE=Jackeline;883535]The best vehicle for investment is the one you have more knowledge about because then you can control your risk. So my questions is which of those 3 techniques are you more experience with? if the answer is none of them I suggest you first invest in your education and then you start doing small deals in one techniques and go from there. Focus in one technique at first and get good at it because you take decision in partnering or investing large amounts of money.[/QUOTE]

Great advice.