Financial analysis of property I want to buy

Hi,

I am new to real estate investing and I am interested in buying a property at auction. I just found out about it yesterday and the auction is the day after tomorrow so I need to do some quick legwork. I am willing to pay someone to do an analysis to determine a reasonable full price to pay for it. I will give the details here and I can be contacted at 443-757-7128 if anyone is willing to help me. I have verified that each unit has it’s own lead paint certification. 3 attached units (3/1, 2/1, 2/1) and 1 unattached house on same property (3/1) Last assessment was $503,500 in 2011. The rents total $4,000/ mo. Taxes are $8,106, insurance is $2,513, flood insurance is $5,820 (in flood plain, backs up to a river, last two 100 year floods did not damage, but mortgage requires). LTV mortgage is 75%. I can’t inspect internally until 1 hour before auction. All houses have replacement windows and appear to be in good condition outside. From what I can tell the vacancy rates are low, the demand is good in this area. I don’t know a good way to estimate maintenance and vacancy. As far as I know it is not in foreclosure. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bill

Financial analysis of property I want to buy

I got what I need in a great article that helped me out and it is from this website and written by Ray Alcorn. Thanks.

Ray’s a top teacher

Glad Ray’s article was located as you couldn’t have found a better mentor…what the guy doesn’t know about biz RE isn’t worth knowing.

Just a quick glance and some head math tells me that I would laugh at anyone saying this is worth much more than $250,000. $48000 in income and $15k in taxes and insurance doesnt leave a ton left over for other expenses after debt service. Let us know what you come up with after a thorough analysis.

[QUOTE=wmengers;884433]I got what I need in a great article that helped me out and it is from this website and written by Ray Alcorn. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Cool.

If you want to learn a bit more, use Ray’s article and share the analysis here. Others can help review the details and add their perspective based on the numbers.