Anyone gone paperless?

As I crawl through the piles of receipts from last year in preparation for tax season, I (ok my wife) asked why we haven’t gone paperless? Good questions.

I know that larger operations are using the scanners that allow you to sort receipts and other papers. I assume some allow you to store the data online somewhere while others probably store the data on a drive (I am guessing).

I bring this question before you all. If you are using such a machine and software would you mind sharing your thoughts, experiences etc?

Thanks in advanace,

Tony

Lin uses Neat Receipts, I believe. Contact her directly - - - I need clutter, or I don’t feel like I’m accomplishing anything.

I figured Lin might be one to have lead the tech field here on this. I will give her a call.

Thanks,

Tony

I spoke with Lin but she has not used this product in a couple of years, and she had a smaller, wand-like version.

I went ahead and ordered the desktop scanning unit and will report back here after we have had some time to use it.

Tony

You can use a camera rather than a scanner. You need a good quality image.

You might need to demonstrate the paper if challenged. If you can copy all the receipts for a month and then shove them into a box or something that could make out easy to work with the receipts (images) while still having a box in storage for 7 years.

I have only been using the neat desktop version for a couple of days but I must say that I am extremely impressed. It scans instantly and pulls up the info for me to categories for tax purposes, saves the document along side the work for me to view and compiles all kinds of reports.

I struggled a bit with their tech services but the product and software are amazing.

For those tired of the clutter and who need help organizing, this might be something for you to consider.

Tony