zoning - Posted by Aaron

Posted by ray@lcorn on December 02, 2003 at 10:25:01:

Aaron,

I would suggest that you go straight to the source. Call the Fresno planning department and ask which zoning districts allow RV space rental as a by-right use. If the answer is none, or the use requires a special or conditional use permit only in certain districts, then you will need to know if the present zoning for the property qualifies. If so, then get a copy of the regulations pertaining to the SUP or CUP application. If not, then you will have to evaluate the likelihood of obtaining a zoning change along with the SUP/CUP.

I will add that it is typically not wise to rely on third hand information for zoning matters. In fact I don’t even accept interpretations by planning staff or my own engineers until I have read the ordinance for myself. But that’s just me. Land use regulations (i.e. zoning & subdivision ordinances, master or comprehensive plans) are the rules of the game in real estate, and I can’t make intelligent decisions without knowing what can be done, might be done or can’t be done.

ray

zoning - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on December 02, 2003 at 08:21:35:

Anyone know what zoning is required in Fresno, Ca. in order to rent parking space to RV’s.

Thanks in advance.