Zoning for RV/Boat dry storage? - Posted by Pete CA

Posted by Dons on May 11, 2007 at 18:40:31:

You can get the answer right from the city’s expert. Call city hall and ask someone at the zoning board.

Zoning for RV/Boat dry storage? - Posted by Pete CA

Posted by Pete CA on May 11, 2007 at 10:20:23:

I am looking to purchase 1-5 acres in Riverside County, CA with hopes of using the land as an RV/Boat storage yard.

What zoning does it need to be? What permits do I need to have? etc etc

Does anybody have any experiencde or know anybody with experience in this area? any help is appreciated…

thanks
Pete

Cat - Posted by Cat

Posted by Cat on June 26, 2007 at 24:23:42:

there is information abt the cata healthy cat is a happy catcat illnessmany manufacturers use good quality ingredients

You need to put $10,000 in 5 seperate accounts! - Posted by Ed in Idaho

Posted by Ed in Idaho on May 13, 2007 at 23:16:12:

Then you will be guaranteed a 3 to 2 vote in your favor.

JUST KIDDING!!(maybe)

First and easiest, check to see if the property is in the county or in a city limits, or a little of both. If completely in a city or in a county, then go to that entities P&Z department. You can research what zone the property is in yourself if you want to, or ask the question to the right person in that department and sit back and listen. Most government people (and people in general) love to talk about what they do, so someone there can help you easily.

If the wanted use of the property is already allowed, then case closed. Tell them what you want to do and ask what permits you might need (business license, flammible liquid issues, whatever) If not, you are still not dead in the water, its just an uphill battle.

You will have to go after what you want in a different way. The main 2 I know of is a rezone or a CUP (conditional use permit) The re-zone could be a lengthy process, but could be possible especially if the surrounding properties are of similar uses. Ask the P&Z department what the process and timeline for an answer is on that. It would take too much time to explain all of the possabilities on this scenario, so you need to ask, listen and keep asking questions till you understand everything.

The second and maybe easier is a CUP. This allows a non-conforming use (not allowed in that zone). It allows a specific use , like a boat/rv storage yard, to be used on that property, even though it is not zoned for that use. CUP’s are usually very specific so cover your bases if you go that route. For ex, you might get a CUP for boat/rv storage, but you cannot add other uses such as selling boats/ rv’s, painting them, selling trailers, building furniture, selling tacos ETC ETC… unless other things you want to do are allowed in that zone or are listed on the CUP.

I hope the use is already allowed. Good Luck!

Re: Zoning for RV/Boat dry storage? - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on May 13, 2007 at 10:28:07:

around here they would require a commercial zone for renting storage space. your mileage may vary