Your # of units greater than the parks? - Posted by JT

Posted by Paul on November 18, 2005 at 17:51:19:

As a PM I probably wouldn’t worry too much. As long as you guaranteed lot rent I would be happy. With the cost of moving homes I wouldn’t be intimidated by the move out thing. If anything that would be my leverage against you! I’d probably just respect the PM’s fears, unfounded or not, it probably will make you diversify into other Parks. She gets jealous and begs you back. Almost like a real life relationship.

Your # of units greater than the parks? - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on November 18, 2005 at 17:22:19:

Has anyone that does the basic Lonnie deal ever found themselves owning more of the homes in a particular park than the park actually owns? I don’t yet but I had a PM that I work with a lot tell me today that she wants me to slow down because she feels like I would have to much influence on the park, ie. “well I will just pull my homes out and kill the lot rent cash flow” I guess she thinks I don’t enjoy cashing checks or something but I can see her side of it too. Might be a way to end up owning a park!

Thanks, You are all pros in my book!! nt - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on November 23, 2005 at 11:32:48:

like I said, No Text

somtimes the reason is not the Real reason!!! - Posted by Karl (TN)

Posted by Karl (TN) on November 20, 2005 at 24:35:06:

Not to make you paranoid, but just to get you thinking if you need to reposition yourself.

Could it be that the PM has another Lonnie Dealer in the wings? Could it be that the PM wants a cut of the action? Or could it be as simple as pressure coming down from the Actual Park owner? Can anyone else add to these possibilities for our friend to investigate?

I find that often times when someone I’m doing business with becomes vague and tries to add distance they will also give a reason that has little or nothing to do with their real intentions. What better way to do this than with somewhat of a backhanded compliment…ie - “you have too much influence”, hmmm… I don’t know but it’s worth paying attention to the “Man behind the Curtain”.

Good luck and keep me posted.

funny you should ask . . . - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on November 18, 2005 at 19:26:45:

most of my PMs/business associates’ parks don’t want ownership of ANY of the MHs: enter, me.

They’re happy about it, and some even say, you’re going to just own the park through the back door, aren’t you?!

I think that it’s an honorable goal, but then again, its one that will easily catalyze the “buildmyempirebuildmyempirebuildmyempire” way of thinking.

and THAT’S dangerous!