Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by Cevans

Posted by Derek on December 30, 2005 at 06:52:25:

Cevans,

If you are selling other property you definately want to do a 1031 exchange for like kind property to defer your capital gains tax. It can be difficult to conform to the rule as you have to sell, identify property within 45 days and close within 180 days. Tenant in Common (TIC) could be the answer for you.

Best Wishes and a Prosperous New Year, D

Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by Cevans

Posted by Cevans on December 28, 2005 at 12:16:43:

If anyone had 120k to invest, what would you invest in. Looking for a good rate of return with regards to property.

Greatly appreciate any feedback

Re: Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by Derek

Posted by Derek on December 29, 2005 at 04:40:22:

Cevans,

If you are looking for a 7-10 year hold of a real estate investment and want:

• A leveraged dollar investment 35/65 Loan to Value
    (5.75%/10-yr fixed; 5yrs interest only)
  • Cash flow monthly
  • Tax shelter in form of depreciation and interest write off.
  • Appreciation at end of hold period.

Contact me by e-mail and I will provide more detail.

Prosperpous New Year! D

Re: Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by Patti Porter

Posted by Patti Porter on December 28, 2005 at 19:17:18:

If I had $120,000 that I wanted to invest, I would choose a NNN property. The rate of return isn’t as pretty as some other investments but it is solid and I wouldn’t have any management hassles.

Regards,
Patti

Re: Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on December 28, 2005 at 13:21:17:

I think a lot depends on your age and your goals. I myself would like to invest in something with some upside potential because $120,000 does not go very far and you need to grow that into something that will provide you a lot more long term opportunites. I think foreclosesures give you a lot of upside and with the money you can make quickly in those will possibly give you enough funds to buy some commercial deals that will provide you with some long term cash flows and upside as well.

Re: Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by BRF in WI

Posted by BRF in WI on December 29, 2005 at 11:16:50:

What’s a NNN property? That’s a new one to me. I’m looking for something solid, and the lack of mgmt hassles is certainly attractive.

Re: Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by Cevans

Posted by Cevans on December 29, 2005 at 14:28:59:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the great responses. I am 29 years old. SHould have closer to 150-165 to invest with savings. Looking to get into better rate of return on property I am selling, with upside potential and long term cash flow. I guess my question was, what typ of commercial / multi unti properties are the most desireable for this.

NNN is a great suggestion thanks.
Building more capital and how is certtainly a great suggestion as well.

Have a good new years!

Re: Your Best Property Investment Ideas - Posted by Patti Porter

Posted by Patti Porter on December 29, 2005 at 13:54:43:

NNN means triple net lease property. With this type of lease, all maintenance, taxes and insurance is paid by the leasee.

Patti