You know the trailer biz when... - Posted by ScottH

Posted by ScottH on January 24, 2004 at 20:48:39:

The Sweet part about painting the ceiling Kilz it that if you run out the next pail ALWAYS matches. I am doing the same thing right now…LOL hard.

ScottH

You know the trailer biz when… - Posted by ScottH

Posted by ScottH on January 24, 2004 at 18:23:17:

1. You have a fondness for Kilz and can cover in detail all of the types. Oil Based, Latex2, Odor Free.

2. 5 Min in a Trailer you are looking for the “soft spot in the floor” They all HAVE them, just where is it.

3. While at the Hardware store you just HAVE to stop and look at the Mis-Mixed paint. You never know when a good gallon will pop up (or 5 gal bucket!)

4. When the weather says single digits, you think, “how good is that heat tape?”

And Last but Not LEAST…

1. Nothing spells fun like a Fridge that has food and been unplugged for 4+ months!

Just some thoughts!

ScottH

Hilarious! Any more ideas? (nt) - Posted by Michael (KCMO)

Posted by Michael (KCMO) on January 26, 2004 at 10:03:55:

no text

adding . . . - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on January 25, 2004 at 11:20:33:

When friends tell you they are replacing carpet in their new home, you ask for the old - and store it in your garage until the next tin box needs it

The courthouse people know it’s you on the phone simply by the sound of your voice

You can eyeball whether you’re going to need to order a 6-yard dumpster for $100 or a 20-yard dumpster for $400

:wink:

this is fun - truth IS stranger than fiction

too funny! - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on January 25, 2004 at 08:37:07:

don’t forget 6. when it’s ok to grab the steps left behind on the empty lot when a repo was finally pulled to use for the repo you just bought

Sorry if this is stupid but… - Posted by Ryan_MO

Posted by Ryan_MO on January 25, 2004 at 24:17:49:

What’s Kilz?

Oh yeah, and if there is fake wood paneling up in a tariler, can I just pait over it?

Definitely know #'s 1 and 3! - Posted by Michael (KCMO)

Posted by Michael (KCMO) on January 24, 2004 at 20:10:19:

The “oops” rack at Home Depot can be quite a bargain. Recently painted the ENTIRE inside of a MH w/ a 5 gal bucket I bought for $15!!! Well, all except the ceilings. They were a nice shade of Kilz . . . oil based. LOL

Re: adding . . . - Posted by Michael (KCMO)

Posted by Michael (KCMO) on January 26, 2004 at 10:02:24:

Quite true! I have a roll of carpet and 2 rolls of padding in the garage right now. Was driving down the road the other day and saw a whole pile on the curb to be picked up. I wished I’d had the trailer on the back of the truck. It was too far from home to go back though. Oh well . . . trash day is tomorrow. I’m sure I can find something I can use. LOL

Michael (KCMO)

Re: Sorry if this is stupid but… - Posted by Michael (KCMO)

Posted by Michael (KCMO) on January 26, 2004 at 09:58:32:

Hey Ryan,

Yeah . . . Kilz is a primer used to cover stains that would normally bleed through any other primer or paint. And, yes, you can paint over old (or new) paneling. On these older homes I find that the Oil-based Kilz works the best - not Kilz II, not Kilz Latex, not Kilz oderless . . . . just the original, oil-based stuff. You can then paint over it w/ pretty much any kind of paint you like. And it’s great for ceilings too. It dries a nice, flat white! No other ceiling paint needed!

Anyway . . . hope this helps.

Regards,
Michael (KCMO)

P.S.
What part of MO are you from? I’m near the Kansas City area myself. Feel free to e-mail me if you’d like to compare notes sometime.

Re: Sorry if this is stupid but… - Posted by Rod - Mo

Posted by Rod - Mo on January 25, 2004 at 18:03:55:

Ryan,
How’s it going?

What Marty said, but read the labels. Refer to ScottH’s #1. Different Kilz for different ills.

Rod

Re: Sorry if this is stupid but… - Posted by Maarty (MO)

Posted by Maarty (MO) on January 25, 2004 at 08:26:21:

hiya Ryan-
kilz is a white primer used to paint over stains- it’ll cover the cigarette smoke, crayons, drywall mud patches, etc that all trailer rehabs eem to have- great stuff.
ok
Marty