You All Helped Me Do It!--Now can I ask 1 more ? - Posted by Hatmat

Posted by dewCO on November 18, 2000 at 21:09:49:

Hopefully you don’t have to pay any closing costs on this deal or your $4000 will evaporate quickly!!! Otherwise, way to go.

All you have to do is assigning the contract over to him at the closing, make sure you see his closing statement showing they are cutting you a check for the $4k.

You All Helped Me Do It!–Now can I ask 1 more ? - Posted by Hatmat

Posted by Hatmat on November 17, 2000 at 18:55:09:

I posted not too long ago with a house under contract for 16k that I wanted to flip. First I want to say thanks to everyone who encouraged me to get out there and market it to get it sold. I did that.

Actually, I made one phone call to a local rehabber who told me today that he would take it for 20K! WOW THIS STUFF WORKS! Now my question is ?..

What do I do? He said he would order title work through a local company he uses. I didn’t have him sign the assignment of agreement, but he knows I don’t own it. Should I just forward all of the forms to the title company (purchase agreement, assignment form etc.) or what?

I am SO GRATEFUL for your advice and support! By the way, I know you shouldn’t trust anyone but yourself but this guy also hired my brother TODAY! and he really wants me to come aboard part-time to help sell his rehabs. ( I don’t think I will but you never know.)

Anyway, please help if you can. Maybe just fill me in on the whole FLIP process from this point. Thanks and God Bless!–Hattie

let him sell his OWN rehabs… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on November 21, 2000 at 10:58:01:

…because you have more PRODUCTIVE (and $lucrative things to do with YOUR time!

Hi Hattie,

Sounds like he might be trying to grab onto YOUR coattails (by tying you up part-time)!

If I were you, I would remain ‘solo’. Work for yourself; not someone else. Do a deal with them, yes, but not let them suck you into their little ‘gig’ (where they are raking in the majority of the $profit and you are doing all the ‘legwork’ for them). Nosiree!

I would remain independent of others. Sounds like you are doing FINE just the way you are right now.

Why spend your time selling for someone ELSE when you could be reaping the rewards of the entire deal for YOURSELF?!

Think of how many deals you might come across in the span of time you would be tied up selling for him!

Good luck!

Susan