Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by John Behle

Posted by David Alexander on November 04, 1999 at 18:18:52:

Now, John,

You know you need a change of scenery from MouNTaINs,
and skiing is just too dangerous, you’d end up getting a wild hair and just have to find out about a fourth avalanche. Why bother when you can come to the flat treeless Big D.

Actually Vegas doesnt sound bad either. Regardless, see ya’ll there.

David Alexander

p.s. I’ve changed my mind on preferences… to Funding and on the second day more funding, takes a while to sink into my thick skull.

you need somethi

Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on November 03, 1999 at 22:22:33:

Ok, I’m willing to do some two day seminars again. It’s been a few years. I began my first 2 day “Paper Game” seminar in 1982. I’ve heard the feedback, many people can’t take a week off and aren’t drawn to the beautiful mountains of Utah.

So… I’ll come to you. (Within reason)

Let me know what cities you vote for. What has worked best in the past is to coordinate it with speaking a few days earlier at an investment group (REI or other). Or at least advertising or publishing some articles in their newsletter and distribution of flyers at the meeting. Some like to actually sponsor the seminar and that’s fine with me.

I do a two day basic paper seminar and a series of different one day seminars. So, give me some feedback on what TWO seminars you’d like to see come to your area on a Friday and Saturday.

*** Discounting as Easy as 1,2,3 - including Advanced discounting techniques, the use of partials, staged funding and multi staged funding options.

*** Finding Paper - one full day of over 100 sources and how to market yourself. Heavy emphasis on working with Realtors and mortgage brokers. Seminar will include sample seminar presentation to agents and mortgage brokers or a real one to local brokers in the area.

*** Funding Paper - one full day with the MAJOR focus being building your own portfolio and financing paper through private investors as opposed to brokering notes.

*** Improving Paper - over 117 techniques to restructure and recast notes for very high yields. Ways to boost the yields on good paper and also how to fix bad paper for great profits. Includes the classic “Paper Trade” technique - How to find, negotiate and fund properties. Also includes the variations of the technique of “substitution” on existing notes.

*** Default Paper workshop - Covers the whole area of how to work with pre-foreclosures from the other side. Bailing out buyers that want to keep their properties. Buying notes from private sellers and institutions. Junior lien acquisition techniques. Includes the “Payment guarantee” program that is a way for you to acquire notes for free.

*** Due-diligence and Risk management. How to do notes safely with little risk. Learn techniques and practices that even people in the business for a decade or two don’t know or use. Including powerful internet tools. Learn how to move VERY QUICK in the note market and buy notes in a matter of a couple hours.

So - I’m open to your input as to cities you’d like me to come to.

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by Mike Reilly (Va.)

Posted by Mike Reilly (Va.) on November 12, 1999 at 23:09:02:

All these sound great, though I don’t know which are best for a newby like me. What I’d like especially is the 5 day seminar. Do you think that might be offered there again at some point down the road?-(though I don’t want to exhaust you with something that I expect is quite exhausting.) I guess I messed up by not getting to your seminar two months ago. Oh well, onward ahead.

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by MN~Chicago

Posted by MN~Chicago on November 10, 1999 at 20:51:13:

John:

I pick all of them. Were it not winter,
Chicago is an outstanding city. Spring
usually begins in late June.

Please let me know where you do the
2 day seminars. I will attend. Also,
if you need any assistance in doing
them, I volunteer to do whatever needs
to get done for it to work better for
you.

If any of your topics are available in
manual form, I would like to get it(them).

I would be interested in knowing whether
or not it makes sense to go after the
default paper market? I have been giving
that consideration. In fact, I have a
meeting in two weeks with the woman who
publishes the foreclosure report for
Cook County.

Any input is always appreciated.

Michael

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by Jbittel@yahoo.com

Posted by Jbittel@yahoo.com on November 09, 1999 at 22:04:56:

John,

It is a “stretch” but would you consider coming to New Jersey…?? But anywhere you have a workshop…count me in.

Oh, also thank you for introducing me to RSC. My life will never be the same… New Game!!

Sincerely,

John Bittel

Finding, Funding & Default Paper - Posted by Jack Stivers

Posted by Jack Stivers on November 08, 1999 at 12:58:17:

Cincinnati, Indy, Columbus, St Louis or Atlanta would suit me.

John, I can only repeat Mark’s remarks regarding RSC. What a life altering event for Meera and me. Especially Meera, she really impressed Bruce and Co.

Thanks so much.

Jack

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by Jim-WI

Posted by Jim-WI on November 05, 1999 at 06:42:30:

John
Location really isn’t too important. Just need to work around the job schedule.But with advanced notice, I should be able to do it (since I will have actual vacation time in 2000). Only thing I ask is if you hold it in the winter that it be someplace warm. Otherwise whereever you want to go!

My initial choices are as follows in order:

1. Finding Paper
  2. Funding Paper
  3. Improving Paper
  4. Due-diligence and Risk management
  5. Default Paper workshop
  6. Discounting as Easy as 1,2,3

How about a 3 part series throughout the year? 2 days per session, 1 topic per day? Different locations, etc?

Thanks John!

Funding, Defaulted Paper& Thanks for RSC intro - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on November 05, 1999 at 01:47:15:

John,

Funding is a weak point for me at the moment, and with my other focus as rehabs, I do run across a fair amount of Foreclosure Properties, getting them via paper would be a good method I believe.

As to where to meet, anywhere within a 10 hour Drive of KC or a reasonable airfare away would be good!!

Dallas, Vegas, Chicago, Of course KC…

Only down side is if Im in RSC training I’ll have to wait till your next offer!

Again John I want to publicly thank you for introducing RSC to me.

After attending Journey, and Crossroads, It shows me just a hint of what is possible, with the right attitude and desires.

Thanks again, John

Mark R in KCMO

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by Eric C

Posted by Eric C on November 05, 1999 at 24:40:34:

Hi John -

Anywhere west of the Mississippi is fine with me. I recently moved to the Dallas area, so that would be great, but I have to second the vote for Vegas as well.

Both flights and rooms are plentiful and cheap.

As far as preferences go, I don’t really have any. If I were to lean in any direction, it would be toward the area of Risk Management (since that’s what I do).

Take care,

Eric C

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on November 04, 1999 at 21:01:46:

Finding and Funding.

Any city where Southwest Airlines Flys (I got a Free Ticket)!

The Second City, Of Course! - Posted by Hugh James

Posted by Hugh James on November 04, 1999 at 13:48:22:

OK, I live in Chicago, so I’d like to see you all come here! We’ve got the world’s busiest airport (sorry Atlanta)so the connections are easy. We’re centrally located, have fabulous restaurants and terrific hotels. (Not to mention shopping before or after the seminar at some of the world’s greatest stores!)

Seriously, we’d love to have you anywhere in the mid-west—St. Louis, Indy, Cleveland, Minneapolis—it’s great in the heart of the nation!

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on November 04, 1999 at 10:27:37:

John,

Finding and Funding

I am not sure how many people we can get to come to Bend, OR. I’ll by your ski lift ticket for Mt. Bachelor though.

I’ll make it to one regardless of whether you make it to Bend.

Dan Matejsek

Re: Year 2000 project - Lets do Dallas - Posted by Joe H (OKC)

Posted by Joe H (OKC) on November 04, 1999 at 08:50:21:

Hi John,

I wish I could have attended your 5 day in Utah but my
“JOB” wouldn’t allow it.

Anyway, Oklahoma City would be great but Dallas is fine.

My choices are:
Due-diligence and Risk management
Funding Paper

Joe

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by Leesa (So.Cal.)

Posted by Leesa (So.Cal.) on November 04, 1999 at 01:12:44:

My vote is for Finding Paper and Default Paper workshop. How about coming to California or Nevada. There are a couple good REI clubs in L.A. and Orange county. My vote is for the west coast.

Anywhere Except Houston, TX - Posted by Jim Kennedy

Posted by Jim Kennedy on November 03, 1999 at 23:38:44:

Anywhere except Houston, TX ? I don?t want any well-trained competitors in my own back yard. (smile)

As a graduate of your 5-day workshop in Salt Lake City last month, I can confidently say that any Houstonian would be extremely fortunate to attend any of your training sessions. For purely selfish reasons, I would opt for:

***Default Paper workshop

***Due-diligence and Risk management

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on November 03, 1999 at 23:08:38:

… Finding Paper… And
… Funding Paper…

And of Course I’m going to say Dallas. But, regardless I’ll plan on spending time at a few of them wherever they are.

David Alexander

P.S. some have their asterisks, I have my dots.

Your support would be very welcome - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on November 10, 1999 at 21:08:12:

In particular, I would be looking for Rising Star grads to give some support at the “Abundance and Prosperity” seminar as it will be experiential in nature.

It would be a matter of both participation and support staff. RSC grads would be the “staff” as it would look similar in some of the format, though different content. You’ll love it.

Re: Finding, Funding & Default Paper - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 04, 1999 at 13:55:19:

You might want to check out the “Personal Effectiveness Forum” at www.papergame.com It is a place where we can discuss that kind of material. Personal development, intention, etc.

Re: Year 2000 project. Give your input - Lean to excel at paper - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on November 04, 1999 at 16:45:30:

I may take you up on the lift ticket. Haven’t skied Oregan since the early 70’s. Eagle Mountain with “Airborne Eddie’s Freestyle Ski Camp”. That week I beat Wayne Wong, Scotty Brooksbank and Eddie Ferguson - (in Billiards).

COOL! - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on November 12, 1999 at 18:45:56:

John,
I participate in two very active REI groups: one in Tampa (Wealthbuilders) and one in Orlando (CFRI)…
Any desire to see FL in the “bad” months?

I’d like to approach both groups on behalf of your programs.

As to the Abundance seminar (or any others)- you’ve got it! Please keep up posted and we will work on participating wherever and whenever it can make sense!

Look forward to hearing more.
Carol and Denny