Wright Thurston's Diamonds in the Rough. Any Info? - Posted by Ed

Posted by Pat McGuire on October 10, 1999 at 09:57:51:

The ‘Diamonds in the Rough’ material that I have deals exclusively with small apartment buildings. There is no mention of businesses or other type of RE investments. As far as the banks go, sooner or later you will need to use a bank for a deal. I do regularly and that is where I’ve learned a lot from his material. For sure, some sort of owner financing is the best way to go in terms of flexibility, down payment, etc. however some sales require the owner to cash out. This is where banks or other lenders come in. My first purchase was from the FDIC and required all cash at close. My only choice was to go to a bank. To my surprise, when I followed the material in Wright Thurston’s package, it went off without a hitch. If you want further information, or have questions and don’t want to clutter this area, e-mail me direct. (kmcguirept@aol.com)

Wright Thurston’s Diamonds in the Rough. Any Info? - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on October 07, 1999 at 17:31:56:

I just seen Wright Thurston’s Web page advertising his How to build a $9,000 a month positve cash flow.Diamonds in the Rough. Has anyone out there used this course before? If so please give me as much info as you can. I want to order it but I wanted to get some advice from here first. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed

Re: Wright Thurston’s Diamonds in the Rough. Any Info? - Posted by Pat McGuire

Posted by Pat McGuire on October 09, 1999 at 11:03:45:

I bought the materials from Wright Thurston in the spring of 1996. I’ve found them to be right on target, especially his techniques relating to working with bankers. Since then I’ve bought 3 properties totalling 110 units and am currently working on a deal for an additional 92 units. Very good stuff.

Re: Wright Thurston’s Diamonds in the Rough. Any Info? - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on October 09, 1999 at 13:39:53:

Thanks for the info Pat. I see you mentioned bankers. Do you need bankers to do his stuff? I noticed on Wright’s web page that he had some endorsements from people who purchased businesses with this course. Does his system lean more towards purchasing R.E., purchasing businesses or both? I’m interested in both. Does Wright give enough information in his course to stand on it’s own? Could I buy businesses and apartment complexes with this course. Thanks again for the input.
Ed