Working for an Investor - Posted by Jeff M.

Posted by Chuck Rosenberg on September 05, 2005 at 04:56:44:

engraved wine glass custom wine rack wine racking systems wine refrigerators custom wine rack wall wine rack napa wine tours wine country bed breakfasts crystal wine stopper basket wine press

Working for an Investor - Posted by Jeff M.

Posted by Jeff M. on June 07, 2004 at 09:39:13:

Hello all. I’ve got a major predicament that I’m trying to figure out and I’m hoping some of you may help advise me in the right direction.

I have the opportunity to work for a nationally-renown investor. She’s hiring for an entry-level position with her company, which would be a complete change from the job I currently hold. I’m looking to leave my current job in search of better employment, and this opportunity just presented itself at my last REIA meeting. She stood before us all and said she’s hiring for an entry-level position to handle various operations around her office. She initially said that the pay wasn’t great, so I brushed off the idea.

Later on that evening, I approached her and asked her if she’d found an employee yet, to which she replied negative. I asked just how little the job was paying, to which she answered $22,000 a year. Now, I know a lot of you seasoned professionals see that as peanuts, but that’s what I make now. She also hinted that people who have come to work for her, usually wind up doing pretty well for themselves. I’m on pretty good terms with her already, and I have a feeling that she could help coach me through some real estate deals while working for her. At least that’s what she indicated. She made mention that one of the perks of working for her was having access to all sorts of training programs, as well as herself.

There’s some setbacks though. She doesn’t offer health insurance or anything like that. I can get around this obstacle by getting insured with my wife’s insurance. I have an independant life insurance policy already so thats not a problem. My wife was a little hesitant on the idea when I mentioned the insurance issue, but she seems to be warming up to the idea now.

On top of that, the woman’s office is around the block from my house. I just moved a month ago, and I was telling her about my house at the last meeting, when we found out that we live around the block from each other. Her office is in one half of her house. I wouldn’t even need to drive to work every morning. Talk about a sign.

I’ve read more books on real estate than fingers on my hands, but one that stands out is Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Poor Dad books. I bring this up because one of the common sayings in those books is, “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.” I think my teacher may have appeared. Now its a matter of walking away from 5+ years in the broadcasting industry and starting over in a whole new field. I’m willing to do this, though.

Sure $22,000 is less than some make on one deal, but I’d be working with a professional, who could possibly coach me on some investments on the side. Thats more than a lot of people start out with.

Your opinions?

Sincerely,
Jeff M. (OH)

micro bikini - Posted by micro bikini

Posted by micro bikini on October 23, 2005 at 01:34:35:

micro bikini tattoo gallery nip slip jessica alba breast pamala anderson pamala anderson fusker huns yellow pages free tattoo designs jenna jamison

Re: Working for an Investor - Posted by Colleen

Posted by Colleen on June 08, 2004 at 15:29:21:

I did something similar within the past year- and it’s been the best thing I ever did. I haven’t looked back once. GO FOR IT and good luck!!

Re: Working for an Investor - Posted by Erin

Posted by Erin on June 07, 2004 at 20:24:41:

Jeff, I would absolutely jump all over that, and, in fact, if you don’t - please let me know & I will!
:slight_smile: I am also in Ohio & would have signed up in a heartbeat if I had been at that meeting. Best of luck! - Erin

Go For It - Posted by Rob Ricker

Posted by Rob Ricker on June 07, 2004 at 14:37:39:

This sounds like a great opportunity for you to earn while you learn.

Re: Working for an Investor - Posted by Matt (MPD) IL

Posted by Matt (MPD) IL on June 07, 2004 at 10:32:36:

Personally, if I would have had the opportunity I would have jumped at it. I think it’s a great opportunity for you to get yourself going, much greater than some of the other jobs you could have, i.e., agent, mort broker etc., in terms of what you can learn while you’re there.

I’d jump at it, especially if you’re serious about doing this full time at any point in the near future. You may not get a chance like this again any time soon.

Matt MPD IL