Work from home or office? - Posted by AM

Posted by Work At Home Jobs Idea on August 24, 2007 at 23:46:38:

there is information abt the Work At Home Jobs Idea Work At Home Jobs Idea

Work from home or office? - Posted by AM

Posted by AM on December 08, 2005 at 23:31:23:

How many of you here run your real estate business in an office outside of their home.

I’m at a point where i can’t keep juggling everything on my own anymore. I want to step it up a notch and hire or contract 1-2 people to help out with various aspects of running a real business.

I am looking into getting some office space and was wondering how others feel about it.

Do you have sign space?
Do you generate calls off of the office sign?
Do you own or rent?
What are your monthly payments?

Is it adviseable to get an office location now that I am at a point where I can’t keep up on my own without help.

Any pitfalls to watch out for?

Work At Home Jobs Idea - Posted by Work At Home Jobs Idea

Posted by Work At Home Jobs Idea on August 23, 2007 at 22:53:09:

Posted by Work At Home Jobs Idea on August 16, 2007 at 24:36:37:

Posted by Work At Home Jobs Idea on August 16, 2007 at 24:31:28:

Re: Work from home or office? - Posted by maine real estate guy

Posted by maine real estate guy on December 09, 2005 at 14:51:17:

After 12 years of running my rental business i recently bought a large garage with office space. i still do all my business from home but the garage serves a couple purposes. store my supplies, tax deduction, sign on busy road, gives the appearance i am a bigger player then i really am.

yes, the sign works. ABC Properties with a changeable letter sign underneath. not so much for vacancies but people calling me to buy their properties. no deals completed yet, but i know that sign and building will more then pay for the building eventually.

monthly obligation on building is $1,200 or so.

My advise: make sure you can afford it. If you can afford it, buy, don’t rent. have a contingency plan in place if expenses tighten. mine i can rent bays for storage or even rent yard space for RVs, boats, etc. one of the best decisions i have ever made.

I think it is a GREAT idea! - Posted by P. Dunson

Posted by P. Dunson on December 09, 2005 at 24:35:30:

The first 2-3yrs are the roughest. If you make it through, it is statistically proven that you will become successful.

I’ve had a business since 2000. I am located in WI so my sign company is wisigns.com. They do a great job, and I would recommend you find a good sign company too.

Advertising is KEY! You will need as much as possible. An investor friend of mine lets me put billboards on some of his properties. Yellow pages has generated a good amount of leads as well.

We rent an office space from an investor in the area, who is also a client of mine. He buys a lot of inventory from me. I pay $800/mo, heat,water included. He is really nice and lets us sale some of his rehabs.

You should get help and an outside office if you really think that will help the work-load. I have a small business and my immediate family is dedicated to its success. We are all the help we need at this point. But someday I suppose if you wish to grow, you need to spend money to make money.

Best of Luck!

P. Dunson