Who's doing deals in Detroit? - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Taylor on July 14, 2001 at 21:41:21:

Hi Blane,
We exchanged e-mails once before. As mentioned in my previous posting I have not found an Attorney that is willing to go the ‘subject to’ route on deals. I will still keep looking but in the mean time I’ll be concentrating on L/O.

I’m also in the downriver area. I haven’t done one of these before but that is going to change soon. By the way I have scoped out my area (farm) and I don’t think I’d like to invest in the city itself. I understand from speaking to other investors that it is ripe for flips. I’m not familiar with the city and I dont’t like some of the neighbourhoods. Little too scary for me. E-mail me anytime and we could toss some ideas around.
Taylor.

Who’s doing deals in Detroit? - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on July 14, 2001 at 07:59:10:

I’m curious as to whether anyone posting or reading here is doing creative deals on a regular basis around Detroit. I saw Taylor’s post below about doing subject to’s, at the workshop I met Scott who had just picked up a L/O deal up in the northern suburbs, and I know Robert MI has done a couple deals on the west side. (Robert, I don’t have your new phone #). I am expanding from MH’s and am interested in other’s recent experience in the area (I’m downriver).

But am wondering if anyone seeing this has done L/O’s, subject to’s, flips etc. on a regular basis. If so, am also interested in your experience with agents, title companies, attorneys, hard money lenders etc. in the area. Would like to chat here or privately with you. Thanks.

Blane