Who pays when the mover breaks your trailer? - Posted by David H in OK

Posted by David H in OK on July 19, 2004 at 11:52:30:

Thanks for the replies. The mover used 2x6’s lagged into the wooden frame to keep it from breaking in 2. I had someone reinforce the frame with some channel iron to keep the metal frame from flexing any further. The old thing moved just fine. It seems that it would cost more than it’s worth to sue the mover; plus, I’m not entirely sure that the trailer wasn’t just rotten in the place where it broke.

Who pays when the mover breaks your trailer? - Posted by David H in OK

Posted by David H in OK on July 15, 2004 at 13:03:22:

I have an older (1982)mobile that I am moving. It is one of the step-up models which I understand is more prone to break. The guys that jacked it up broke the box in 2, the metal frame is unhurt. It is going to cost $2200 to stiffen up the metal frame to the point that it will move.

Am I wrong to think that the mover should have known better than to break this thing? How common is this problem?

Thanks

Re: Who pays when the mover breaks your trailer? - Posted by Gary TX

Posted by Gary TX on July 15, 2004 at 15:46:04:

David,
I have haad this same problem with them homes that have them upstairs. Here is what you can do. I took 4 2X6s 12 foot long and run them cross ways where it was breaking.

Slope them as much as you can on the outside. I then use some good long lag bolts. Put two lags to a board and lag them to the top plate on the home, then do the same at the bottom. Do this on both sides. As a mover, I have done this a number of times, and it works good.
Gary

Re: Who pays when the mover breaks your trailer? - Posted by Joe C (AR)

Posted by Joe C (AR) on July 15, 2004 at 13:27:31:

Different movers have different experience. It could be your guy never dealt with one like that before. My mover makes me sign some paperwork before he starts stating exactly what he’s responsible for (not much).
In the abscense of some similar agreement, I’d say you had a claim.
Joe C (AR)

Experience efficiency and affordability with Three Movers, your ideal choice for an upcoming move. As a privately owned and operated full-service moving company comparison website, we prioritize providing seamless relocations without breaking the bank. Our skilled professional movers, accompanied by a friendly customer service staff, ensure your move is both swift and cost-effective. Whether you’re relocating locally, cross-country, or internationally, Three Movers offers flexible options, including 1 to 3 men with a moving truck, tailored to fit your budget. With a proven track record of over a million delivered services, Three Movers stands out as a reliable and affordable solution. Here you can Visit:https://threemovers.com/north-carolina/swepsonville/ Trust us to handle your move with efficiency, precision, and affordability, making Three Movers your go-to partner for a stress-free and cost-conscious relocation.