Who are the best tenants? - Posted by Jay(OR)

Posted by Eric - GA on November 20, 2003 at 14:34:45:

Oh, Chuck, we could get complicated here, huh? Hopefully, by this point you acknowledge that my post was not a slam at gays - more of an anecdote that fit the situation. It would be the same as if someone said tall women were the best tenants, and I had just read an article about how a tall woman was having some sort of huge problem with her landlord that was related, in part, to the fact that she was tall.

Your statement seems to imply that there exist multiple gods. My strong belief in God prohibits the notion that there are other gods. It seems strange to think that there would be multiple equally powerful and sovereign gods.

Who are the best tenants? - Posted by Jay(OR)

Posted by Jay(OR) on November 15, 2003 at 17:29:10:

I want to get all your opinions on what the best group is as tenants. For example, is it young couples, middle age couples, old couples, bachelors, little old men, little old women, young women? Please let me know what your experiences have been. Jay(OR)

Re: Who are the best tenants? - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on November 17, 2003 at 19:58:57:

Those who pay on time, for sure. Doesn’t matter what flavor they come in - I like those who have careers so busy they are never home. Less wear and tear on the property, not to mention veeery quiet if they are never around. This is as close as you can get to printing money.

Re: Who are the best tenants? - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on November 16, 2003 at 07:29:26:

>

I hate to be a party pooper, but these types of generalizations/conclusions are not in accordance with federal housing laws.

Re: Who are the best tenants? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on November 15, 2003 at 19:22:24:

People with good credit, no criminal background, and stable jobs with good income.

The Ones That Pay Rent On Time - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on November 15, 2003 at 18:53:16:

It’s the tenant that pays his/her rent on time.

Re: Who are the best tenants? - Posted by art c

Posted by art c on November 15, 2003 at 18:08:46:

The best tenants are gay men couples.
They are very intersted in keeping the property fastidious & make very prompt payments.
Generally speaking , ideal tenants.

Gay Male Couples??? - Posted by Eric - GA

Posted by Eric - GA on November 16, 2003 at 07:39:12:

Art, what you say makes sense, but I guess you didn’t read this recent post at a similar site…

http://www.realestateinvesting DOT com/cgi-bin/general/messages/17205.asp

(replace the DOT with a .)

Eric - GA

What’s your point Eric? - Posted by Chuck Conden

Posted by Chuck Conden on November 17, 2003 at 12:22:44:

Gay people have the same troubles and tribulations as everybody else. The post you refer to doesn’t give enough information to be of any relevance here, in my opinion. And they do GENERALLY make excellent tenants.

Re: What’s your point Eric? - Posted by Eric - GA

Posted by Eric - GA on November 17, 2003 at 12:46:46:

Yikes Chuck. You shouldn’t work so hard to get offended. In case you’ve never read here before, people often mention things that aren’t of specific importance to the original topic…the conversations flow, just like in person. Certainly when you are having a face-to-face conversation with someone you don’t say to them “That’s not relevent and off-topic” every time they mention something new. The point here was that I read a post from a gay male who was in a huge dispute with a landlord, then I read a post that said gay males were the perfect tenants…so I saw a connection. So sue me.

And I agree whole-hartedly with what you said, in fact, gay people probably have more troubles and tribulations than everyone else. Any time you engage in a lifestyle that is outside the will of God then the path certainly won’t be smooth-sailing.

Eric - GA (the GA stands for Georgia)

You mean… - Posted by Chuck Conden

Posted by Chuck Conden on November 20, 2003 at 14:13:29:

Outside the will of YOUR god, don’t you?