Which vmail, fax, email providers? - Posted by Mark (IL)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on August 02, 2002 at 10:56:39:

I don’t know if you are looking for a free one, or a cheap one; but you get what you pay for. Have you considered adding another line into the house and buying an all purpose machine? I think it was about $20 to add a phone in the house and I picked up an OfficeJet G85 for about $500. I think they are down to about $400 now. It will do printer, fax, scanner, and copying. No phone on the printer, I actually added 2 phone lines here (1 for voice and 1 for fax), but you could probably add a phone extension line to the back of the all in one machine to accomplish the phone part.

I am suggesting that before you commit to a free site or some service that may be extinct in the future, you can consider the expense up front of adding a phone to the house and buying a fax machine and/or answering machine.

Which vmail, fax, email providers? - Posted by Mark (IL)

Posted by Mark (IL) on August 02, 2002 at 10:24:54:

Can anybody recommend a provider of voicemail, fax, and email? I know several people were using onebox.com while they were free, what about now? Thanks.

Mark

Re: Which vmail, fax, email providers? - Posted by LGR

Posted by LGR on August 04, 2002 at 02:58:36:

I like www.efax.com. I use it with great success. I use a company called communications tech for my voice mail and toll free number. I work from my home and travel quite a bit so these work for me since I can get my calls or faxes anywhere. Including the Caribbean(I was there for three weeks) did not miss a beat in my business. Good luck.

Leonard G. Romney
Sunset Financial Group, Inc.
1831 Michigan Ave. Ste. 211
Naperville, IL 60563-9283
Office: (630) 747-4797 Toll Free (877) 838-4854
Fax: 630-839-6829
http://www.5yearpayoff.com

Helping homeowners and businesses payoff their
mortgages in 5 years.

Re: Which vmail, fax, email providers? - Posted by KC Questions

Posted by KC Questions on August 02, 2002 at 20:02:29:

I like the idea of using a cell phone for your business line. I actually have 2 cell phones that I carry with me. I use the sprint phone mainly for voice mail, which is the number that is on my bandit signs so that sellers can hear my script. I use my at&t phone to talk on. This is the number that my voice mail says to call to reach me directly. I use this phone to talk, because the plan that I am on gives me unlimited minutes for $50 per month. Unfortuantely, I think that plan expired last month, and was only available in Kansas City. All of the other plans that I’ve seen, put limits on your day minutes. I only make calls on my sprint if I ever get bad reception on the at&t phone.