Which FLIP course should I get? - Posted by JDC

Posted by Jeremy Amsden on May 16, 2001 at 20:19:23:

JDC,

First of all, let me be totally upfront. I edited Steve Cook’s course and have an interest in seeing it do well. That being said, here are my thoughts…

I mainly just want to set the record straight regarding some of the concerns you raise. First, though I can’t speak for others, the reviews and/or recommendations that we’ve gotten for the course are a mixed bag. Some are from people whom we have known, some are not. Regardless, they have been honest reviews for we have received both constructive criticism as well as praise, not just favors from friends.

Second, I can’t really speak for everyone else, but in our case, there is more money to be made by investing than by selling courses, particularly when you factor in the time spent posting answers to questions. Steve has been posting here for several years not because he needs to sell courses but because he likes to help people. I know. He’s helped me a lot without ever asking for anything in return. And you’re right. Though one benefit of writing a course is that it is somewhat passive income once it’s written, Steve and I make the bulk of our income through investing. Like you, I suspect that the same is true for others.

Finally, in my honest opinion, I don’t think you can go wrong by purchasing our course. I’m proud of the job we’ve done, and I think we’ve given people good value for their money.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Sincerely,

Jeremy Amsden
Baltimore, MD

Which FLIP course should I get? - Posted by JDC

Posted by JDC on May 16, 2001 at 19:14:33:

I see a number of courses here… and a number of recommendations… But someone said that those recommendations by ‘customers’ are infact from the people who advertised in this site!
(or their close friends)

That same person and a few more also said that the reason why there are so many “willing-to-help” experts here who spend their time helping newbies is because they want them to buy their stuff…
(actually… i don’t necessarily agree with those ppl, since the experts prolly make enough already from REI)

Well, I have perchased Carlton’s course a few years ago
studied it like a bulldog hungry for a bone, but personally I don’t think that CS’s techniques were realistic or even legal in some states. Therefore I’m kind of cautious this time…
What are your HONEST opinions on some of the QuickFlip courses offered in this site?

Re: Which FLIP course should YOU get? - Posted by Michael Waller

Posted by Michael Waller on May 17, 2001 at 08:30:00:

Well, it depends on what you want. If you want “REAL WORLD” steps, on how a successful flipper bought & sold about 150 homes in 2 1/2 years, then you should get Steve Cook’s course.

No dragged out filler, no fluff, just real life info on what Steve did himself that works.

Mike

Re: Which FLIP course should I get? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 16, 2001 at 20:28:52:

JDC,
No offense intended, but you make some assumptions, and seem to be following “some people’s” advice and crtiques of the material offered here.
I can tell you that I personally try to offer some help and guidance here to those seeking it, based on my own experience, and I DO NOT have ANYTHING to gain from any of the authors who are selling things here or anywhere.
Now, with that said, I can also tell you that any course offered here on this website is reviewed by the website owners, and is good material.
I have used several of these courses/books myself, and do this full time as my SOLE source of income.
As for the Carleton Sheets material, I do agree that it is not the “best” course for making money in REI, but it is a good basic course to learn some of the terms, techniques and strategies.
I’m not sure what you mean by saying that some of the ideas in his course are illegal?
I don’t think they are, and if they were, wouldn’t C.S. be in trouble with the law?
As for his techniques and ideas being “realistic”, define that?
Do you mean that MOST home sellers will not sell creatively?
If so, then you are right.
THE KEY to this business is to deal ONLY with MOTIVATED SELLERS, not just sellers.
Do not look for “Houses” or “Properties”, but rather look for motivated sellers, and set up a marketing machine that will get them to call you.
My advice is to get that C.S. course back out, read it over TWICE at least, then read EVERYTHING here on this website.
After that, come here and ask questions based on what you read and hopefully learn.
See, most people buy these REI courses and think they can “Get rich quick”, and this can happen, for some.
But, overall, this is a TOUGH business that takes constant education, persistence, and hard work.
With all of those things, you or anyone who wants to can make $$ in REI.
Just do not expect it to be easy, and be ready for your fair share of “No” answers to your “Creative offers” in the beginning.
After doing this for a while you will get a better acceptance ratio, because you will learn better “how?” to structure offers and fulfill sellers NEEDS, not WANTS.
HTH,
Jim IL

Re: Which FLIP course should I get? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on May 16, 2001 at 20:19:55:

I can say I speak to several of the people who sell courses here. I speak to them when I can to get verification on deals I am working on. They are very open to giving great advice.

Friends? I would say that they are great friends. As are the people who provide Free information here. Why? Their ideas work! I make good money because of these friends. If I can give them a plug for great information I will.

Joe Kaiser, Bill Bronchick and even Legrand, though I don’t get to talk to him, have given me a lot of great information.

I will one day get Steve Cooks because I love to keep learning. I have not seen the course Get The Deed but I hear pretty good things about that.

I know Bronchick’s Flipping course is very good. Tapes to listen to, forms that protect your asset and a manual to give you clarification.

Hope this helps

Terry