where to find a resident PM in S. CA? - Posted by Chris

Posted by JP(SC) on August 23, 2004 at 13:59:03:

Why do you ask about a PM (park manager) when the property you own is not a park? There are probably better forums for discussions of apartment buildings and their management than this forum (mobile home investing).

where to find a resident PM in S. CA? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on August 23, 2004 at 03:08:10:

Although no mobile homes, I’m competing head on with those. 26 units have suffered a lot during my 7 months’ absence. Hired a full time manager who never did any screening. You can imagine the results, as word got around! So now I have 50% vacancy and need to evict 80%. Vandalism and a general refurbishment is due. Things are so bad that I might even have to make a distressed sale. ** What’s your view regarding suing in SCC and serving 30 Days’ notices to be on the safe side regarding evictions? Thanks!

Re: where to find a resident PM in S. CA? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on August 23, 2004 at 12:20:43:

Apologies, I was very tired and it was after midnight. So here goes again. 26 units or apartments of different sizes (mostly studios, 1 BR and one 2 BR) went downhill while I was overseas for 7 months. Things are that bad: 50% vacancy and of the 50%, I will have to evict 4/5 or 80% for non-payment and other major issues. Since there was no screening and often not even a written contract, how can I give notices? 30 Days’ to Tenants named et al??? ** For starters, I will need to hire a resident manager. How would you go about that? Thank you.

I’m not sure what your problem is… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on August 23, 2004 at 11:03:13:

…and it appears that you aren’t either.Your message is COMPLETELY non-sensical. What are you trying to say? What are you asking? What is SCC? What are you competing head-on with? 26 units of what, blood? What is our view of sueing whom and for what? What is our view of using 30-day notices for what reason? Who are you? Where are you? Why did you hire a manager without screening him? What 7 months are you talking about? What is it that you may have to sell at a distress sale? What are you on? What do you want?

Including miracles, how can we help you?

Regards, doc