Where Do I begin? Where is the REAL Info? - Posted by brian

Posted by Pollie Witherspoon on November 04, 2010 at 22:44:23:

Hello, I am working on my Buyers list and Seller list. I hope I can get some help. Thank You very much. Pollie

Where Do I begin? Where is the REAL Info? - Posted by brian

Posted by brian on September 01, 2010 at 18:51:13:

I’ve been very interested in Real Estate investing for over
a decade. In 2003 I bought courses from Robert Shemin,
Carlton Sheets, and Russ Whitney. Then I went to 4 boot
camps and seminars. Overall I’ve spent at least $25,000 on
real estate investing education–AND I HAVEN’T DONE A SINGLE
DEAL. I feel like a schmuck!

I took the last 7 years off of chasing this dream. Now I
want to chase it again! I’m open to everything. I have
some money, and can get financing with good credit, etc.

What courses should I get? What is excellent and not just
motivational sales pitches trying to sell you more products.
What do you recommend I do to light a fire under my behind
and over come fear?

Any tips or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Where Do I begin? Where is the REAL Info? - Posted by Steven Ransom

Posted by Steven Ransom on March 10, 2011 at 20:58:34:

Creaqting a Postitive State of Mind. to develop cretivity you must believe in yourself and your abilites. You can never become ceative by thinking negatively or by thinking of failure. If you tell yourself that somthing can’t be done (like buying property without cash or credit) or that it can’t be done by you, then chances are that you won’t do t, and your belief will have become a sel-fulfilling prophecy.

Do yourself a favor and say this out loud: “I am a creative person, and I can solve any problem.”

Re: Where Do I begin? Where is the REAL Info? - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on December 28, 2010 at 08:11:18:

You don’t need anymore books. Most are filled with the same advice or at least close. I studied Carlton Sheets course over 10 years ago. This forum is not the best place to talk, but i’ll help if i can. The first thing to do is decide exactly what your future plans are. Keep your eyes and ears open 24/7. Read the classifieds and local flyers as often as possible. Let your friends help keep an eye out on deals, break ups, foreclosures, REO’s and etc. Luck has alot to do with your success. It’s too bad, but other peoples mis-fortune can be your big break. Thats why you keep your eyes open. If you would like to hear more let me know. There are a few tricks i could share with anyone who is interested. There is alot of gray area in owner-occuppied multi-family housing, but its the fastest way to cash flow.

Re: Where Do I begin? Where is the REAL Info? - Posted by arlanj

Posted by arlanj on October 06, 2010 at 11:54:16:

Why don’t you go buy a house. I have a nephew that has done the same thing, wasted thousands of dollars on courses, books, and seminars, and for some reason is too smart to just start buying houses. I read one book, “Buy it, Fix it, Sell it” by Kevin Myers. I own 34 cheap rent houses. 3 cheap comercial buildings. Have done many flips. Made money on some flips, and have had some flops where I lost some. I started in 2003. GO BUY A HOUSE. It is not that difficult. Find a forclosed property, fix it up and either rent it or sell it. I read one $20.00 book. That is it. It not rocket sience.

Re: Where Do I begin? Where is the REAL Info? - Posted by Bob in NJ

Posted by Bob in NJ on September 06, 2010 at 10:00:50:

Brain, seems to me that anyone who spends $25k to get an edcuation (be it a real estate education or any another type of education) then does nothing, has a problem. That problem is called analysis paralysis. You probably looked at properties, sent out a series of letters introducing yourself, advertised in the papers, but wound up doing nothing. You analysised a potential property over and over and over but in the end you were afraid to make a move. What you need is a partner. Assuming you have the money you say you have, it should be no problem for you to find a partner (an expirenced real estate investor) who is willing to show you the ropes. When you find that partner, that person will in all probability want a bigger share of the profits. That’s the price you will pay for a hands on education.

Best of Luck,
Bob

Re: Where Do I begin? Where is the REAL Info? - Posted by Thomas

Posted by Thomas on September 03, 2010 at 14:22:43:

Brian, for getting started in this biz there is no smarter, safer way in my opinion than with options and lease options. They are safe, easy to do, and require little out of pocket capital.
It doesn’t seem to me that you need another course. Find someone to walk you through a deal or two and you’ll be on your way. Try contacting Carbonare over at The Naked Investor. Friendly guy, lots of excellent info on the subject. Good luck!