Where can I find a window supplier??? - Posted by rm

Posted by mark on October 01, 2004 at 17:03:53:

Hi Sean,

You responded to a post of mine, and now it’s been deleted could you email at mks322000@yahoo.com
thanks,
mark

Where can I find a window supplier??? - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on October 01, 2004 at 07:21:03:

My contractors have been buying from the big box retailers and their prices are too high.

A local manufacturer, whose price is significantly lower, is 3 weeks late (order placed BEFORE hurricanes hit).

Do you know of any manufacturer that’s cheap and on-time?

Thanks.

Re: Where can I find a window supplier??? - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on October 01, 2004 at 07:37:33:

Find out who the Big Boxes buy from and go directly to them.

In my area I work with the supplier for 84 lumber for windows.

I work with the manufacturer that supplies the area Home Depots with Countertops.

Most areas of any size have at least one or more window manufacturers… There have to be at least a 1/2 dozen to a dozen in my town.

Contractors if they have been around a while do generally know who is the best deal in town for parts. In your area, the big box stores could be it.

Best bet is to talk to a good number of local contractors and going to a real estate investors club and asking around never hurt either. Many manufacturers will actively seek out investor buyers. In fact that’s how I got onto the window provider I have, they don’t sell to the public directly, but do sell to investors.

Big Box stores buy from someone, and usually a good bit of things come from local (area) providers. If you find out who they buy from, you will save $$.