Where are the Pre-Forclosures??? - Posted by Sam (Tx)

Posted by Sam (Tx) on February 21, 2001 at 04:37:02:

Thanks Jim. I will try my best to make the next meeting. Until then I intend to continue reading “Nothing down for the 90s” every day. I must say if what Robert Allen writes about in the book is true then it seems that all that stands between me and financial independence is time and effort. Thanks once more for your help.

Sam

Where are the Pre-Forclosures??? - Posted by Sam (Tx)

Posted by Sam (Tx) on February 19, 2001 at 16:12:16:

I am a newbie with a desire to become financially independent. I just got Robert Allen’s “Nothing Down For the 90s”. Is this book any good? This book book seems to go into a lot of detail. I haven’t decided what area of REI I want to get into but pre-forclosures seem to be very profitable. Can anyone tell me what county office do I visit to find out who is in danger of going into foreclosure before the fact and what info do I ask for . With this and visiting this site I hope to gain enough knowledge to step out with confidence to do a deal but not until I feel I have enough info. Then I intend to buy one of the courses here. Trying to decide between (Flipping or Lease Options). This seems to be what is being recommended for newbies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sam

Re: Where are the Pre-Forclosures??? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 20, 2001 at 09:51:08:

In the Dallas area there is the Foreclosure Listing Service(Roddy report). They actually have a seminar on Saturdays to teach you a few things about foreclosure. Unfortunately there is no advance notices filed. Twenty one days before the auction is the first public notice there is in Texas. Come on down to the RE meetings. See AIREO.COM

Where in Texas??? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on February 19, 2001 at 17:40:07:

Sam,

Where in Texas are you located? Once we know, we may be able to point you in the right direction to find information about property owners facing foreclosure.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Where in Texas??? - Posted by Sam (Tx)

Posted by Sam (Tx) on February 20, 2001 at 05:20:24:

I’m in Dallas Jim. I know there is an REI club down there and I was thinking of coming down there to visit because the one here holds meetings on Thursday evenings which is a day I have to work from 6pm til 4:30am Monday thru Thurday. I think they hold meeting on Friday. It would be good because all my family stays down there and I also have a brother intrested in REI. Thanks for the response.

Sam

Re: Where in Texas??? - Posted by Mark Fabich

Posted by Mark Fabich on February 19, 2001 at 17:43:26:

I’m in Lubbock – any help?

Re: Where in Texas??? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on February 20, 2001 at 10:02:09:

Sam,

Texas is a non-judicial foreclosure state. The only public notice of pending trustee foreclosure sales are notices posted at the county courthouse no later than 21 days before a scheduled foreclosure sale. Foreclosure sales only occur on the first Tuesday of each month.

In Dallas, the notices of trustee’s sale are posted at the County Records Building at 509 Main St. The County Clerk’s phone number is 214-653-7131.

In several of the larger counties a private company gathers the information from the notices of sale and publishes a comprehensive list, which is available for purchase. Foreclosure Listing Service, Inc. is the company that publishes the list for the Dallas area. Check out their web site at http://www.flsonline.com/

As for the REI clubs in Houston, I don’t know of one that holds its meeting on Friday. Check out the Realty Investment Club of Houston (RICH). It’s the largest REI club in Houston with about 550 members. Our general meeting usually attracts between 175 to 250 attendees including members and guests. The general meeting is held at the Hilton Hotel at the University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun. We meet on the first Saturday of the month. People start congregating between 8am and 8:30am for networking and the meeting starts at 9am. The meeting lasts until 12 noon and then many of the members go together for lunch and more networking. You may attend your first meeting as my guest.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Where in Texas??? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on February 20, 2001 at 10:04:10:

Mark,

Read my response to Sam. For Lubbock, go to the County Court House at 904 Broadway. The notices of trustee’s sale are posted on the first floor. The County Clerk’s phone number is 806-775-1054. I’m told there’s someone who compiles a list in Lubbock and sells the information, but I don’t have the contact information. If you call or visit the Clerk’s office, perhaps someone there can provide the contact info.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX