What's the most you ever talked down in price? - Posted by kris

Posted by Anne_ND on July 26, 2003 at 16:13:18:

kris,

keep the lines of communication open, you may hear back from him. I’ve had sellers pay up to $6K (to their lender) to get me to take their trailers.

good luck,
Anne

What’s the most you ever talked down in price? - Posted by kris

Posted by kris on July 25, 2003 at 18:22:25:

I’m going to see a 2/1 tommorow morning. The seller is offering 6000. I don’t want to give more than $1200 for it. I don’t have anyone that can squirrel dog for me so i’m on my own. Any negotiation suggestions? Any one else talk someone down that much?

Re:10k to $200 - Posted by Dan-Fl

Posted by Dan-Fl on July 29, 2003 at 14:36:54:

Mobile home with land,needed work in good area.Worth 22k fixed up,they wanted 10k for it.After 3 weeks of talking I paid $200 for it.

Re: What’s the most you ever talked down in price? - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on July 25, 2003 at 20:10:00:

Kris,
What is the reason the home is being sold? That’s the FIRST piece of information you need to get (preferably on the phone before you hike over there). Then you know if you have a motivated seller. If you don’t, tell them to call you if they can’t sell it and move on. Trying to “talk down” an un-motivated seller is a waste of your valuable time.
All the best, Lyal

Re: What’s the most you ever talked down in price? - Posted by kris

Posted by kris on July 25, 2003 at 20:30:49:

His girlfriend left him and now wants out. I don’t know yet if he wants or needs to move.

Re: What’s the most you ever talked down in price? - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on July 26, 2003 at 11:21:24:

Kris,
Now that’s good info. Just remember Lonnie’s questions: “If I paid you cash today…what’s the BEST you could do on the price??” then chat for a while and come back with “Are you sure that’s the best you can do on the price??”.
Stay away from pointing out all the problems with the place as that just makes it confrontational and it’s hard to make a deal with an angry seller. Keep in mind that that’s different than “squirrel dogging” where you “notice” the problems (with them watching) but don’t shove them in his face.
All the best, let us know how it goes.
Lyal

Re: What’s the most you ever talked down in price? - Posted by kris

Posted by kris on July 26, 2003 at 13:37:50:

I found out he just wanted what he owed which was 6k. I didn’t want to part with that much for the home. Thanks for your help. On to the next one.