What's the best option for window coverings? - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by ski on March 30, 2006 at 18:57:17:

How much are you looking at making on this deal? If a good amount contact a pro window treatment guy/gal.

What’s the best option for window coverings? - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on March 30, 2006 at 14:39:31:

2900 sf SFR home will list for over $400K. I was going to put the “fake” 2 1/2" wood blinds on all of the windows but that would probably be around $1,500. Wondered if there’s a less expensive option that would fit a home in this price range?

Thanks.

Re: What’s the best option for window coverings? - Posted by Innovator

Posted by Innovator on April 01, 2006 at 20:55:52:

Have you considered no window coverings and allowing a concession to the buyer?

Re: What’s the best option for window coverings? - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on March 31, 2006 at 18:25:54:

I put in sheer panels, not drapes. The panels give a finished look, but no one seems to find them objectionable. They also let in the maximum amount of light, which helps sell. You should find them for $10 or so. For windows w/a view, do not cover, just make an easy cornice or put up a neutral valance. In my own master bath & laundry room I just scalloped some thin wood trim, then used a drill press to put 3 holes in each scallop reminiscent of eyelet lace. It gives a finished look to the window, doesn’t obstruct the view, & probably won’t cost anything if you use scraps. If you spend lots of $$$ on window treatments, you risk putting up something that turns off some buyers.

Tye

Re: What’s the best option for window coverings? - Posted by matx

Posted by matx on March 30, 2006 at 22:47:58:

Go to Wal-Mart (Supercenter) for fake wood blinds. Their prices are much better than Home Depot’s. Now we use these blinds instead of cheap vinyl blinds for nicer rentals of ours. Wal-Mart also carries a wide range of nice curtain rods. The key is you have to find the right Wal-Mart for the best selection.

Re: What’s the best option for window coverings? - Posted by dutch

Posted by dutch on March 30, 2006 at 15:27:26:

Home Depot/Lowes have the pre-cut mini-blinds that are under $10.

You really want to go CHEAP on a $400k house? The deal that thin?