What would you do if ... RE: bandit signs - Posted by Charity

Posted by jeff on May 04, 2002 at 11:18:34:

even if they are legal in your area, i still wouldnt recommend putting them in an angry owner’s yard. thatd be a waste of plastic, since these signs would disappear fast.

What would you do if … RE: bandit signs - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on May 03, 2002 at 12:48:52:

I want to put bandit signs outside of the n’hoods where we want to buy (like across the street from the entrance). If I get complaints from owners, what do I do? I can imagine someone calling wanting me to remove or they will report me. How do I handle that?

Charity

Re: What would you do if … RE: bandit signs - Posted by Jeff (CO)

Posted by Jeff (CO) on May 06, 2002 at 23:01:27:

Keep in mind that Bandit signs are illegal in most places mainly because they are a distraction to motorists.

When people are looking at your sign their eyes are off the road and accidents are more likely.

Then again, if you make a huge $$$ deal, who cares?

Re: What would you do if … RE: bandit signs - Posted by Richard Roop

Posted by Richard Roop on May 05, 2002 at 18:29:33:

Try it out. I don’t use a lot of signs to buy but I network with hundreds of other investors every year at conferences, etc. and I have concluded they always are cost effective for gettng calls and deals. Check you local ordinances but ususal they give a warning before a fine…usually.

I have strategically placed about 25 signs over the past few year (at a cost of $200) and bought 2 houses, making about $43,000 combined.

When placed on busy highways, they disappear fast in my area. I have better, less labor intensive marketing methods that keep me busy but signs work.

Richard

P.S. I use LOTS of signs to sell. Very effective. I prefer handwritten “For Sale By Owner, Owner can help finance” or “Rent to own” and pointer signs.

Re: What would you do if … RE: bandit signs - Posted by Michael A. Bardelli

Posted by Michael A. Bardelli on May 03, 2002 at 13:08:49:

Charity,
First question to ask yourself, are bandit signs illegal in your town? Check the city ordinances. If they are not illegal and you place them in a spot where they can be legally placed, then I would tell any owner’s to go pound sand. Just watch out and stay totally legit!

Sincerely,
Michael A. Bardelli