What would Wapner say? - Posted by Gator Shelton

Posted by raelynn mitchell on November 12, 1998 at 23:07:29:

as I have relatives (in-laws) in TX.

Thanx!

raelynn

What would Wapner say? - Posted by Gator Shelton

Posted by Gator Shelton on November 09, 1998 at 14:16:01:

I know that I’m supposed to store abandoned items in my rental property for 6 months before I dispose of it. A new twist this time. Renter left a hideous but nearly new bedroom suite, TV, and VCR behind. Their dog also left me a couple of presents but we won’t discuss that. I called “U CAN RENT” and asked if it was theirs. They said no but after checking around they found it belonged to HEILIG-MYERS furniture store. I made 2 appointments for HEILIG-MEYER to pick up the items and they were kind enough not to show for either. Downstairs tenant without any taste is using the bedroom suite and the VCR and TV found their way to my bedroom. Now HEILIG-MEYER shows up wanting items three months later. I told them I wanted to be reimbursed for storeage. They said it didn’t work that way, give em up. I said it don’t work that way, Bite me. They said their lawyer (pretty good friend of mine) would contact me. My wife don’t care much for it but me and that hound of mine have really gotten where we enjoy watching Letterman in bed. Buford really enjoys the opening monologue. Am I gonna have to give these scumbuckets back their TV? How can I cause them as much grief as possible? Should I include the presents my tenants dog left me?

All opinions would be appreciated as well as a good legal opinion. Thanks and best wishes from your friend,

Gator

Look out Kentuck and Tim Couch. The UT Vols express is coming thru Saturday. You can count on it.

Vols?!? Ha!!! - Posted by Mike Leiter (KY)

Posted by Mike Leiter (KY) on November 15, 1998 at 01:41:24:

If Arkansas had fumbled the ball sooner in the 4th quarter Kentucky would have beat 'em too. We’ll see how rough Tennesee rumbles in a week’s time… Beating the Vol’s is Kentucky’s only hope of getting to a ‘good’ bowl game - though ‘almost’ beating the #1 team helps a lot, too. On the flip side, not making a good bowl would be an incentive for Couch to come back and ‘do it right’ next year… Not that I would stay if I were a #1 draft pick and likely the starting QB at a new francise that has BUCKO high draft picks. But anyway.

Actually, I think the difference in the game will be special teams. And I don’t have much faith in Kentucky’s - but I’m not quite willing to concede the game yet.

:wink:

Mike

Re: What would Wapner say? - Posted by Irwin

Posted by Irwin on November 10, 1998 at 19:28:25:

Technically, the stuff belongs to them, and if push comes to legal shove, you lose. However, try to imagine how little they really want this junk back. I think the last thing they want to hear you say is,“okay, it’s yours, come and get it”. They’d like cash a lot more. I’d call the store’s head guy and play “let’s make a deal”. You sound like a guy who could coax a hungry dog away from a pile of steaks, so have at it.

Re: What would Wapner say? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on November 09, 1998 at 16:36:53:

The law west of the Pecos would say give it back, it ain’t yours. Texas code and my leases spell out abandoned property and storage fees. Surely yours dosn’t say you have to store for six months. Ask them for their UCC filing on it. Did you tell them the hound broke the TV and chewed up the furniture?

About the presents… - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on November 09, 1998 at 15:29:00:

only if you froze them.