What to do? - Posted by ROB

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on January 28, 2004 at 18:46:51:

There is a good reason you see lots of classified ads and bandit signs: they work! There’s no sense in reinventing the wheel. Many sellers will call every ad in the paper. If you make them feel comfortable that you’re the one who can solve their problem, that’s all you need to do.

Brian (NY)

What to do? - Posted by ROB

Posted by ROB on January 28, 2004 at 18:20:17:

I’m ready to start marketing for motivated sellers, but I have a limited budget and need to see a return on investment. I thought of classifieds; though it scares me that I’ll even get a response because there are about 8 other investors who religiously advertise in my local papers. I thought about bandit signs…ooops, every telephone pole in my area I see is plastered with a “We Buy Houses” sign. Does anyone know of more creative yet cost effctive methods to use?

Re: What to do? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on January 28, 2004 at 21:53:36:

Brian said it all.

Last Saturday, Bill, my partner, and I met with a seller that had called us on Bill’s classified ad. She showed us four real estate investor-type business cards, and a couple of flyers emblazoned with “We Buy Houses” headings. We told her that we didn’t compete. Bill told her that if she got an all-cash offer to take it because if she dealt with us she would have to wait a few years for a portion of her money. We quickly left without mentioning a price or specific terms

Guess who called today and asked for an offer?

I?m telling you this to illustrate that all of the other ads didn?t make a difference. The ads had enough substance to get the advertisers in the door, but the buyers must have alienated the sellers once they got there. Rest assured, it you use bandit signs and classifieds you will get calls. Make good offers and your home free.