What to do? - Posted by Richard (TX)

Posted by Steve-WA on March 12, 2003 at 14:17:48:

“A good friend called today”; tread lightly, dear Richard.

What was the previous use of the land? Why 5 meters> I’m curious. What is the status of the septics/drain fields? Good? Empty? Not clogged?

although many here poo-poo developing a new park, due to the expense, I would consider that most of the poo-poo is on getting utilities and sewage systems in. that sounds like it is done. Need pads, road, and much due diligence. Sounds interesting, but I would definitely research this deeply - or you may be buried in the same manner.

Check Ray Alcorn’s article on due diligence

http://www.creonline.com/articles/art-148.html

concurrently, post this request on the commercial board. I’m betting you would get better response there.

Gluck

What to do? - Posted by Richard (TX)

Posted by Richard (TX) on March 10, 2003 at 21:01:12:

A good friend called today and they mentioned that they want to sell their land and home. They want $100K. It is 5 acres with 2 MH’s, 1 small 2/1 frame, 1 log cabin style 3/2, 5 water meters, and 6 septics. The small house could be sold separate with say 1/2 acre. My question is would this be a decent start for a MHP. It is a long strip of land with a bad gravel drive down one side and the log cabin type house at the back of the property. It is outside the city limits about 1/4 mile and does not have to meet any city requirements. Average lot rents for our area is about $200. Does this sound reasonable?
Thank in advance.

God Bless and happy investing.
Richard McCaslin