What Road Did you take ? - Posted by Wilru

Posted by Dan(IN) on July 02, 2001 at 21:31:58:

When you find out, let me know too will Ya…

What Road Did you take ? - Posted by Wilru

Posted by Wilru on July 02, 2001 at 21:26:47:

Well I’m fresh from a Ron Legrand course, I have very little money and little credit,and BIG OL DREAMS! I have been finding great deals, but no money to go after these deals. So the Million dollar question is how did you achieve success and over come these obstacles and are they similar to my problem? I’m from the SW Florida area by the way, any investors or private lenders want to make 15%, I would love to work with someone who has made it, and just ask how and is it possible for me to make it. I am also young and have a desire to succeed and learn everything I can on my way to financial freedom.

Sincerely,
William R Ruiz
Ruiz230@cs.com

Re: What Road Did you take? (long) - Posted by Charles K. Clarkson (TX)

Posted by Charles K. Clarkson (TX) on July 04, 2001 at 01:06:21:

"I'm from the SW Florida area by the way,
  any investors or private lenders want
  to make 15%"

Some will lend you enough to make payments while rehabbing, you really need to call them and ask. The rule of thumb is: 'If you find the deal, money won't be a problem.'

"I would love to work with someone who
  has made it, and just ask how and is it
  possible for me to make it"

Many people love to share thier knowledge.
Try one of the Florida RE investment clubs:
(Don’t know which is in the SW FL)

Boca Real Estate Investment Club
Boca Raton
(561) 994-6999
www.bocarealestate.net

Broward County Investors Association
Fort Lauderdale
(954)-345-4155
Joe Bowman
bcia@gate.net

Jacksonville REIA
Jacksonville
(904)-723-5550
Pete Orlando 904-260-7594
peteocpa@bellsouth.net

Dade REIA, Inc.
Miami
(305) 446-6668
Robert Hunter
www.DREIA.org

Miami REIA
Miami
(305) 858-9605
Omer Bader

Central FL Realty Investors
Orlando
(407) 629-2100

CFRI@reinvestors.com

Wealth Builders of Sarasota
Sarasota
(941) 349-4902
John Greer
JGreer7777@aol.com

Suncoast Real Estate Investors Association
Tampa
(813) 875-8222
jeanne001@juno.com

Wealth Builders REIA, Inc.
Tampa
(800) 335-0256
www.REEA.com
mjrodetsky@aol.com

Florida REIA
West Palm Beach
(561) 276-8700
Dwan Bent
www.flreia.com

HTH,
Charles K. Clarkson
Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.

Successful people do the things unsuccessful people don’t like to do.

Re: What Road Did you take ? - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on July 03, 2001 at 08:56:58:

This is interesting. You have taken a LeGrand course and don’t know where to start? I’m not trying to be insulting, but what did you learn from the course? Which course was it by the way? This course gave you no idea as to where or how to actually start? What type of deals are you finding?

When I got started, I had studied LeGrand’s stuff also, but wasn’t entirely sure how to start either. I simply realized that I had poor credit and hardly any money. I knew that I would have to find deals that I could do under those circumstances. That led me to doing lease options.

I would recommened working on finding deals that fit into what you can do now. If you can find the private lenders to fund the great deals you are finding now, that would be fine also. If you’d like to give some more details as to what you learned and what sort of deals you are finding, we may be able to help more.

Re: What Road Did you take ? - Posted by Lor

Posted by Lor on July 02, 2001 at 22:02:47:

“by the way, any investors or private lenders want to make 15%”

In my opinion, you just answered your own question. You have found the Great Deals and that’s the hardest part. 15% is nothing if you buy a property to turn around. It’s not 15% for the rest of your life. If you can’t pay 15% for a few months then for heavens sake get a part time job to supplement your income.