what next - Posted by Sue T

Posted by Sue T on July 26, 2001 at 11:17:20:

Bill, I made copies of all the paperwork and put it in a folder in my car. I am prepared. Put another ad in this week. It reads a little differently. cash for homes. any condition and phone number. Here’s hoping.
Thanks, Sue

what next - Posted by Sue T

Posted by Sue T on July 24, 2001 at 12:39:56:

I had a response from my ad this weekend. A sweet, little, old lady who asked how this works and then told me she was going to have cataract surgery the next day and would call me back. I’ll probably call her in a day or two. If I get to see her house and it is worth the money do I take an agreement of sale or offer form and have her sign it then? I’m a real estate agent also. Can I still use a non- Realtor agreement of sale? Of couse, I would cover myself by adding and/or assigns and contingent on approval of my partners and/or collegues. Anything else? I don’t want to be in front of a good deal and miss it. thanks. sue

Yes.Always have paperwork with you… - Posted by BillW.

Posted by BillW. on July 24, 2001 at 23:42:14:

Sue,
Yes, take the agreement with you. Always carry all paperwork at all times. In the time it takes to go get it, the deal can change or you could lose it. (Especially if it’s a real good deal). I believe you can use a non realtor agreement of sale (done it lots of times myself), just make sure that you disclose that you have a license as required. I used to use a clause that said. "Buyer has a real estate license ".) No one ever questioned it. Especially motivated sellers. Heck, a real motivated seller won’t even care if you have green skin and wear a silver suit, as long as they get their problem solved.
Oh, something else, call her first thing in the morning. Good deals don’t last, and you can’t get a real good deal in slow motion. And, don’t use too many contingencies. In my opinion, lots of contingencies kill contracts. If the seller has their lawyer/advisor look at the offer and it’s full of ambiguous contingencies, you will immediately be in trouble. If I had a choice, I would have No contingencies other then an inspection (and clear title, of course), and preferably none at all. This will show the seller that you are serious. The reason- because my offer would be low enough to allow for any of the others.
BillW.