What is the most flexible J.O.B...for a REI? - Posted by Dan Spokane

Posted by Clint on July 26, 2006 at 16:16:26:

You said, your wife travels to work 50% of te time and with two kids and a mortgage payment! Man is she overworked!

Dan Get started small, jump over to the mobile home forum nad pick up Lonnie’s book for $30 bucks. If you work nights and weekends, you have all day. Something has to give. if the kids aren’t in school just yet. do some marketing with direct mail post cards. Or pay down your mortgage first, then use equity to buy other houses.

What is the most flexible J.O.B…for a REI? - Posted by Dan Spokane

Posted by Dan Spokane on July 26, 2006 at 16:05:32:

My wife makes good money, but she travels for work 50% of the time and with two kids and a mortgage payment…we have a hard enough time covering the nut. I need a job that is flexible enough for me to pickup the kids on time and find RE deals. What do you guys think? I’ve been in IT for sometime, but this job requires me to work nights and weekends, which doesn’t give the oppotunity to take care of the kids or do RE deals. Any suggestions?
Dan Spokane

Re: What is the most flexible J.O.B…for a REI? - Posted by Atlanta_bob

Posted by Atlanta_bob on August 01, 2006 at 21:33:16:

Hello Dan:

Get your real estate license, then work the hours you want - - both as an agent and as an investor. Hint: You have all the databases you need to research properties, both listed properties and preforeclosures in your county’s legal newspaper.

Recall, however, that REI takes time. Ditto for being a real estate agent (assuming you want to make some commissions selling homes). Contact your local REI groups and talk to those investors to see if they will buy houses that you find on the MLS computer (= your commissions).

Yep, that’s exactly what I do and I love it - - work as many hours as I want - - sometimes alot of hours, sometimes just a few.

Hope this helps.

Atlanta_bob