What is the best way to Start Out? - Posted by Mistol

Posted by M. Martin on August 28, 2002 at 01:05:04:

Mistol,

You are motivated enough to post here. You are off to a good start. Credit can be repaired, knowledge can be gained. Many investors have started with no credit wishing they were earning 30k a year.

I would suggest you start by educating yourself. Read everything you can on the subject. If you can’t afford one the packaged courses like Carleton Sheets try local book stores, discount book stores and the library. Many excellent books have been written on real estate investing. I purchased most of mine at used book stores for less than $10. Read everything you can on this website. Find and join a local investing club, tell everyone you know you are interested in investing. If you have family or friends in real estate (agents, title companies, bankers, contractors etc.) ask them, they may know some experienced investors who could advise you or partner with you. You will find that most experienced investors are willing to help,

Best of luck.

What is the best way to Start Out? - Posted by Mistol

Posted by Mistol on August 28, 2002 at 24:23:55:

I have a small problem,
I want to start investing in real estate, but I have terrrible credit over an earlier marriage, I have sad income 30K year and I have kids.
I know I can carve out 10 hours a week, but where do I start with no cash credit or knowledge.

PLEASE HELP :slight_smile:

Re: What is the best way to Start Out? - Posted by tampasteph

Posted by tampasteph on August 28, 2002 at 09:45:01:

Search the archives using key words “getting started.”
If you are short on cash to buy courses, check Ebay. There are always courses for sale there sometimes selling for 1/2 price or less.
Read all the articles and success stories on this site. That will keep you busy for awhile!

Good luck.
Steph