What is the best course for tax lien sales??? - Posted by Dan R. in NJ

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 01, 2002 at 19:48:37:

Scott Ewing--------------

I have never seen the John Beck infomercials. What you are describing sounds like what I have heard about the first one. That is probably not running now. The new one has endorsements from people who buy real estate through tax sales.

I’m surprised that John would not come over too well on television. Maybe because he is a “hot” person who gets excited about what he is talking and, if we believe McCluen, TV is a “cool” medium. John says that the infomercial was cut from a one-time through interview, so it was probably not as good as could have been done if they had done more work on it. I think the original plan was to have some testimonials too. Those were never shot. The whole thing was done on a shoestring.

John has an MBA in taxation and real estate, as well as a law degree. He is definately articulate. For several years he made his money by putting on seminars about real estate investing, as well as selling books and tapes on the topic.
Good InvestingRon Starr*

What is the best course for tax lien sales??? - Posted by Dan R. in NJ

Posted by Dan R. in NJ on December 31, 2001 at 24:39:20:

What is the best and most comprehensive course for tax lien sales?

Re: What is the best course for tax lien sales??? - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on December 31, 2001 at 21:08:51:

Dan R–(NJ)-------------

John Beck’s “Free and Clear.”

You may find some course put out in your state or the state in which you wish to invest that will be more concetrated, and thus better for that state.

You should read the state statutes related to collection of delinquent taxes and tax sales, certificates, and the like.

Many treasurer’s or tax collector’s offices will have written material or web sites that you can get for free, especially the larger metropolitan ones.

Good InvestingRon Starr

Re: What is the best course for tax lien sales??? - Posted by Scott Ewing

Posted by Scott Ewing on January 01, 2002 at 08:01:20:

Ron, is John Beck the guy with the informercial that can barely express himself, even to the host? Like your posts, very informative. Is the course better I hope? Best, Scott