What bookeekping software do you use? - Posted by Eric in FL

Posted by Kris Berry on November 20, 2007 at 18:12:18:

microphotoscope cartulary lepisma tredille megameter metapodiale meissa nonconfession
Ethiopia detains hundreds after 41 killed in riots
http://www.tplv.org/

What bookeekping software do you use? - Posted by Eric in FL

Posted by Eric in FL on October 03, 2007 at 13:42:52:

I have decided to get out of the dark ages and become much more efficient. My accountant tells me that Quickbooks Premer is the way to go but I wanted to see if others use something else and why? Thanks for your replies.

Best Regards,
Eric

Re: What bookeekping software do you use? - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on October 04, 2007 at 12:20:58:

I used to use Quicken until I stopped doing my own taxes. My CPA uses a tax software that just inhales the Quickbooks file and maps everything into the correct categories for tax purposes. I still use Quicken for personal stuff and have used both (QB for business and Quicken for personal) for 4 years now. I prefer QB as it is much easier to allocate expenses to different categories that in turn map to the property form on my taxes.

I asked my CPA about Peachtree because of issues I have with QB (hey, none of these are perfect), but the added expense of having them do my taxes from printed reports instead of getting an audited QB file back along with my returns (for less $$$) was worth it. Now, if I were to have employees, I would look again because I do not like the way Intuit tries to charge for every little thing.

Quickbooks Pro - Posted by arlan

Posted by arlan on October 04, 2007 at 07:38:11:

Cheap and easy to use

QB all the WAY - Posted by Kenneth Hocking

Posted by Kenneth Hocking on October 04, 2007 at 06:21:52:

I use QB and love it 2006 is when I broke out of the dark ages… Makes working with my accountant a Dream Each month I send the back up file just after Reconciling the accounts and we have a quick 15 minute reivew the next day instead of the HOURS and Hours of tax Prep at the end of the year trying to remember what was what I like Quick books… fi you can BUT TAKE A COURSE it helped me with tricks and gizmos that save me TIME…

Quicken - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on October 04, 2007 at 06:17:30:

I’ve been using Quicken for 15 years. works very much like Qb and others.

Quickbooks, Paytrust, AMEX and Sure Payroll - Posted by Annon

Posted by Annon on October 03, 2007 at 16:46:27:

Many people are unaware of www.payrtrust.com It is a bill pay service that was just bought by Intuit - makers of Quickbooks.

Your bills come in and they scan them and email you that the bill has arrived. You go to the account and they have already set it up with the minimum or full payment and you click one button to pay it. Other bills can be set up automatically. So, we have mortgage payments set up to pay on a set day each month. Most utilities are set up to pay automatically when the bill comes in. Other creditors/bills we have set to pay manually so we get to approve and click one button to pay it. No paperwork, yet any bill can be printed. At the end of the year you get a CD with all bills on it. At the end of the year or anytime, the data can be downloaded right into Quickbooks.

The cost is beyond reasonable. As little as 50 cents a transaction. But, no stamps, postage, checks, etc. So, take out 41 cents postage and maybe assuming you have envelopes they send, it’s 9 cents more. I absolutely love it and the ability to download to Quickbooks so seamlessly is great. For me, the record keeping is incredible too. They notify you if a second bill arrives in the month so you don’t get caught paying the overly eager billers twice. They also notify you by email if a bill has not been received by a regular biller. If I have a question about a bill or they have not received or credited a previous payment, I can click a button and have the full bill history, full payment history, etc. I think this is my most important tool.

We use www.surepayroll.com for most employees. Much cheaper than an accountant, payroll service, employee leasing, etc. It’s still your accounts and liability, but their software and payments are great. Payroll of a dozen employees is a couple minutes a week and absolutely accurate. Employees can receive a check if they want, but most opt for the automatic deposit to their checking. Friday morning, the money is there.

They also calculate changes in rates, unemployment rates, etc. All of this data also downloads easily into quickbooks and can just be given to the accountant at the end of the year. I just handed an accountant two pages from Quickbooks instead of dozens and dozens of pages like before with faxes and phone calls over a couple weeks. So, a huge price has been cut off of accounting bills also.

The fourth thing is AMEX automatic bill pay. It’s not as convenient at all, but several hundred thousand skymiles a year makes for a few jaunts to Hawaii.

ALL of these services can be handled from my cell phone/Pocket PC. I’ve paid payroll or bills while in Disneyland, a cruise ship or from business seminars I am at.

Quickbooks Online - Works for me (N/T) - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on October 03, 2007 at 16:10:48:

NO TEXT (except this text :wink: )

Peachtree - Posted by Penny

Posted by Penny on October 03, 2007 at 14:05:53:

Quickbooks has a large share of the small business market. It is geared toward non-accountants and promotes itself as being user friendly. Also, if you hire an outside accounting company to help you, most can do Quickbooks, but not all support Peachtree.

Peachtree is one of Quickbooks’ main competitors and has been around a long time. Unlike many people, I don’t find Peachtree to be difficult or cumbersome to use and I was able to get a better price on it. It’s really geared more toward accountants, but I didn’t find it hard to pick up.

I’ve used Peachtree for years and I can update my employee tax withholding formulas myself once a year in 5 minutes. With Quickbooks, you have to sign up for their payroll subscription at $200 a year in order to get the program to calculate these same payroll taxes and that annoyed me. Peachtree has an optional subscription to do the same where the program will update for you, but it gives you the option to plug in your own state & federal stuff like I do.

Clarence Macias - Posted by Stefanie Leblanc

Posted by Stefanie Leblanc on November 27, 2007 at 11:46:42:

microphotoscope cartulary lepisma tredille megameter metapodiale meissa nonconfession
By the Sea Bed and Breakfast
http://www.miditech.on.ca/

Rose Harmon - Posted by Clarence George

Posted by Clarence George on November 24, 2007 at 18:18:36:

Jackie Salter: Osteopath