what are the footprints of success? - Posted by BigV

Posted by unworthy pupil on July 02, 2008 at 10:30:25:

mkmkmk

what are the footprints of success? - Posted by BigV

Posted by BigV on July 01, 2008 at 08:50:36:

What are the footprints of a successful investor? I mean, if I wanted to find the DO-ers and not just talkers in my area, where would I look?

Any insights will be appreciated.

Re: what are the footprints of success? - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on July 02, 2008 at 18:01:57:

Talkers-go to every free training, read every article, get stuff from the library, gather all the information and NEVER use it.

Do-ers Just do it, they have a goal a plan and the steps they need to achieve their goals. Nothing stands in their way, if they fall they pick themselves up, if there is a bump in the road they step over it.

Time to get some skin in the game.

Re: what are the footprints of success? - Posted by jack E

Posted by jack E on July 02, 2008 at 14:38:48:

Go to your local REIA meetings, the non profit one, not the one where you will hear a lot of hype for some one else’s profit. Talk to the people who are actually doing deals. You will be amazed how easy it may be to get in with and work with the ones who are making the money.

Re: what are the footprints of success? - Posted by Winners vs losers

Posted by Winners vs losers on July 01, 2008 at 14:21:44:

There is one thing that all successful people have, that no losers have. And that is goals, and plans for reaching them.

Little girls 12 years old, are practicing right now to win the Olympics 4 years from now or possibly, 8 years from now. They have a goal. They may not have a plan but you can bet their coach does.

I can’t answer your question more specifically because I don’t know your definition of “success”. Success means different things to different people. It does not always mean financial success.

You need to sit down quietly and ask yourself what you really want out of life. You may be surprised to find out you don’t really want a million $$$$ bucks or a new Lamborghini.

When you figure out what you want, the next step is to set goals and work out a plan of how to achieve them. It helps to start from the goal, and work the steps out backwards.

The goals and the plan are not carved in stone. You will modify them in the light of experience as you go along. In fact it helps a lot to have specific, written goals and to review and revise them regularly, every 6 months or so.

When you are thinking of doing something you need to ask yourself, will this get me closer to my goal? If not, don’t do it.

This is how you remain focused.

You can apply this line of thinking to all areas in your life, such as family life, religious life etc. Is your family life what you want it to be? Are you giving them the time and attention you should, in order to fulfil your goals in this direction?

If you could fully absorb this lesson and apply it in all areas of your life, your life would just take off like a rocket.

Then you could make $2,000,000 bucks every weekend, teaching it in seminars across the country.

Remember, losers have dreams. Winners have goals.

Re: what are the footprints of success? - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 09, 2008 at 07:08:43:

It may not have answered the original question but I very much enjoyed reading and being reminded of what needs to be.

Good post, thanks

perhaps, but… - Posted by elastigirl

Posted by elastigirl on July 02, 2008 at 08:18:21:

…it really didn’t come close to answering the original question.

Nice, I like it… - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on July 01, 2008 at 16:15:48:

“Remember, losers have dreams. Winners have goals.”

Re: Therein lies the problem… - Posted by Grasshopper

Posted by Grasshopper on July 02, 2008 at 09:36:32:

many look
few see