What am I doing wrong? - Posted by Brenda

Posted by Ryan on March 11, 2003 at 19:09:05:

your approach in talking with your potential sellers may need to be improved upon. Get a script in place…

You might not be dealing with motivated sellers…
There’s a fine line between persistence and desperation…

What am I doing wrong? - Posted by Brenda

Posted by Brenda on March 11, 2003 at 18:04:16:

I’ve been in the game now almost 8 months and although most of that time has been a constant self educating experience, and I’ll be the first to admit I still have alot to learn I’ve become very discouraged with my results.
I’ve recently started making offers on properties from all cash to suggesting land trust settlements. I’ve been more persistant than aggressive maybe thats the key factor? I’m trying to remain conservative, I’ve even taken interest in assignning real estate sales contracts which seems to be a great way for beginners with little capital to start earnning money in real estate, but well we’ll wait to see these results, can any one offer their input, greatly apreciated!

Work smarter not harder. - Posted by Potash

Posted by Potash on March 11, 2003 at 22:22:25:

I don’t know what that means either.

Re: What am I doing wrong? - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on March 11, 2003 at 21:26:44:

From your mail I could not really tell what nitch you are trying to use to get ahead. If you are trying to do assignments, my guess is that you are finding homes that need to be rehabed at a low price, (our area $5,000 to $20,000) and then sell to a rehaber. Good way to start, just make sure you are out talking to rehabers and seeing what they are willing to pay for their projects. You may also want to watch leting them know your assigning contracts.

The area we are in at this time, is tough, for we have so many home that we or rehabers can get in the $5000 to $15,000 range, that assigning contract here and in your area may be tough.

If you can let me know what you are trying to focus on I may be able to give you some free ideas.

What ever you do, stay with real estate it is a great way to financial freedom!

Re: What am I doing wrong? - Posted by Rocky

Posted by Rocky on March 11, 2003 at 21:04:27:

Brenda, First, 8 months isn’t much time compared to the rewards of persistance in this business, however, I do see what you are saying. You do want to refine your efforts to those that work. So, here’s my tip for the day, reserve the time you spend talking to potential sellers for the truly motivated sellers. Find a way of generating their interest without spending active time on your own part. In other words, advertise in a way that will allow you to maintain your credibility, but that will also target the maximum amount of people in your chosen market. This way, you will already know that whoever you are speaking with does indeed need to sell, and all you need to do is determine the best deal for your customer.
Hope this helps.
Good luck and good investing,
Rocky

Re: What am I doing wrong? - Posted by Robert O (So. Cal)

Posted by Robert O (So. Cal) on March 11, 2003 at 19:42:48:

Hang in there, it was a full year from when I started until I landed my first deal. Be persistant and learn from your mistakes. GOOD LUCK