What about 55+ parks? - Posted by Christopher - WA

Posted by Frank on April 10, 2003 at 15:17:05:

re: “Seems like they’d be a good source to buy from however.”

Well, you dont really want to move a home if you can help it so it usually doesnt make sense to pick a deal from a 55+ park unless you know you can move it cheap enough

What about 55+ parks? - Posted by Christopher - WA

Posted by Christopher - WA on April 07, 2003 at 12:11:28:

I’ve been reading this forum, I’ve searched the archives and I’ve just started reading “Deals on Wheels” and I’ve yet to see any mention of MH parks with an age restriction of 55+. The majority of listed MH in my area are in 55+ parks. I’d appreciate anyone’s input. I’m only contemplating this investment scenario so far so the listed homes are all I’ve looked at.

Re: What about 55+ parks? - Posted by P

Posted by P on April 09, 2003 at 18:32:27:

Just remember…everyone needs a place to live. Just a little tougher than family parks…but 55+ ers are looking for homes too and probebly have better credit than us younger folks. I dont think you’de have a problem there.

Re: What about 55+ parks? - Posted by Christopher - WA

Posted by Christopher - WA on April 10, 2003 at 11:31:54:

Thanks for the input P. After I posted my question someone else mentioned 55+ parks in response to another question. They intimated that the 55+ crowd tends to want to pay cash vs. l/o and that they tend to be really picky. Seems like they’d be a good source to buy from however. I’ll be watching for further input on this subject.