Ways to appreciate value of property? - Posted by PerlM

Posted by Joe C. on July 10, 2001 at 23:53:32:

One way is to find property in mixed use areas residential/light commercial. Convert to ‘highest and best use’. Take residential and convert to small professional office, (laywer, doctor, accountant, real estate, etc.). Parking is important. Rental income is higher and more stable. Value increases accordingly.

Joe C.

Ways to appreciate value of property? - Posted by PerlM

Posted by PerlM on July 10, 2001 at 16:26:54:

Are there any ways that you know of to raise the value of a property in a neighborhood
without making costly modification to the property?

What factors will affect in what way?

Re: Ways to appreciate value of property? - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on July 11, 2001 at 16:12:58:

Perl M------------

I’m sorry, your post is too vague to offer you any help. It is possible that it can be done, depending upon the property, the location, the neighborhood.

Are you thinking of a specific property or just sort of asking a generalized question?

If you are asking about a specific property, you need to specify what type of property it is, it’s condition, whehter it is rented out or owner-occupied, what the neighborhood is like. If rented, what are the rents. What are similar properties renting for in the area?

What you think it is worth now and how you got to that conclusion? What the selling prices are for similar properties in the area. Are you raising the value to resell at at profit? For some other reason? If so, what?

Sorry to hit you with so many questions right after the other. Without some details, it is impossible for me to give you any advice.

Good InvestingRon Starr**

Re: Ways to appreciate value of property? - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on July 11, 2001 at 14:49:15:

Look 10 or so posts below this. There is a whole discussion on this topic.

Re: Ways to appreciate value of property? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on July 10, 2001 at 21:00:50:

The only way that I know to really get the value of a property to appreciate is to hold it for time.

Of course you can take a run down home and improve it to get top dollar for it, but actuall appreciation of the value happens with time.

Steve