Vineland NJ? Info helpful! - Posted by Esther

Posted by Nate(DC) on December 05, 2002 at 23:42:35:

I’ve only been there twice, briefly. Blue collar town. Not much going on economically. Major industry in that part of NJ, other than the chickens, is state prisons…

Probably a market where if you can get a deal that will cash flow from day one, it’s fine…but I wouldn’t expect rapid appreciation in rents or values…

NT

Vineland NJ? Info helpful! - Posted by Esther

Posted by Esther on December 05, 2002 at 09:39:33:

I am looking at a property in vineland NJ, on East chestnut avenue.

Any information on the area would be appreciated. The property is in a “working class” area, according to the broker. It is not fat from atlantic city, and philidelphia.

thanks!

Esther NY

Re: Vineland NJ? Info helpful! - Posted by Marc NJ

Posted by Marc NJ on December 06, 2002 at 23:10:08:

I am an active investor in So. jersey and would not recommend Vineland to invest in. The recessed economy is the number one reason, but there are others. There is a lack of employment also, but worst of all is the warzone areas right near the section your thinking about. My suggestions are if you dont put any money out of your pocket and you can get positive cash flow , it then could possibly be a deal.
I would do your due diligence thoroughly and be cautious of this area.There are some nice and higher class areas in Vineland, but the town is the largest municipality in NJ.
Other than that I dont have an opinon, but good luck, and happy investing.

Marc Friedman
Statewide Property Solutions
Manahawkin, NJ

Re: Vineland NJ? Info helpful! - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on December 05, 2002 at 12:32:14:

You’re right, it’s not fat from Atlantic City or Philadelphia. In fact, it’s probably not fat at all. Vineland, from having been there a couple of times, is pretty skinny.

(I know you meant “far”…but why just answer the question when I can answer it and BE a wiseass at the same time? :slight_smile:

NT

Re: Vineland NJ? Info helpful! - Posted by Esther(NY)

Posted by Esther(NY) on December 05, 2002 at 14:02:15:

The only thing I know about vineland is that they butcher alot of chickens there.

What do you know about vineland?