Use of middle name OK for corporate forms? - Posted by BKopp66

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on January 30, 2002 at 11:42:09:

Sounds OK to me…that is call yourself by middle name on calls & ads, & use the first initial when actually signing things.

John Hyre

Use of middle name OK for corporate forms? - Posted by BKopp66

Posted by BKopp66 on January 29, 2002 at 16:52:36:

I am ready to file my articles of incorporation; I will be the incorporator filing them myself. Since I know it is important to sign everything consistently I am unsure how I should sign my name. I have always gone by my middle name. My social security card has: first initial, middle name, last name. Due to standardized forms I have received mail in all variations of my name. Some simply refer to me by my first name, others my middle, yet others first name, middle initial, last name, etc. I have accounts in differing variations of my name. Would it be OK to sign everything using only my middle and last name? The instructions for filling out the SS-4 form to apply for an employer ID# say for the line listing the principal officer: first name, middle initial, last name and social security number. If I use my full (first name, middle name, last name) name to fill out and sign everything needed to set up the corporation(articles of incorporation, employer ID application, S Corporation election form, any state/city licensing requirements) can I use only: middle name, last name to sign contracts, advertise, or otherwise represent myself as president of this corporation? I appreciate any advice on this.

Re: Use of middle name OK for corporate forms? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on January 30, 2002 at 06:28:16:

On official forms, use your full legal name. On checks and contracts, using your middle name is fine…a lot of corporate officers would sign as “J. Michael Hunt, President of XYZ Corp.”. The first initial helps clear up any ambiguity as to who you are.

John Hyre

Thanks. Middle OK for advertising, phone calls? - Posted by BKopp66

Posted by BKopp66 on January 30, 2002 at 11:15:50:

I appreciate the assistance. If I answer my business phone and place advertising using my middle name only(no first initial) is it OK if I sign contracts that result from this advertising as: first initial, middle name, last name or should I represent myself in advertising and phone calls as: first initial, middle name, last name as well?