Update your VIRUS definitions NOW! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by Stan on January 28, 2004 at 07:55:53:

Actually Jim, my users can open any attachment that they receive. I have no problem with them doing it. You are correct on one point, f500 and govt agencies are very vulnerable because of their profile. However the only ones that are victimized are the ones that allow themself to be victimized. When a company decides to be reactive instead of proactive, that is when trouble comes calling. I realize that this is a real estate forum and I appologize for this rant, but viruses can cause real problems. Jim, I appreciate your concern for my company, however, I think that we will be just fine.

Update your VIRUS definitions NOW! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 27, 2004 at 08:06:07:

I’ve already received over 100 infected emails. Fortunately,
I update my Norton anri-virus definitions every two days.

This is a new worm, and it’s gonna be a big one. See this
post below:

New Worm: “Mydoom” or “Novarg”

Norton has the best anti-virus software, and it’s reasonably
priced. I stongly suggest you protect your computer today.

JP

thanks JP about the virus info. (nt) - Posted by Tammy

Posted by Tammy on January 27, 2004 at 22:32:07:

nt

I don’t think so… - Posted by Jim Fox

Posted by Jim Fox on January 27, 2004 at 12:50:36:

Obviously you work for Norton. Their stuff is CRAP! Many viruses routinely disable Norton (and McAfee) and then do their damage, especially keylogging trojans.

Pros use Mailwasher Pro… impossible to get any email virus. And no, I don’t work for them. But my SO is a CIO and knows her stuff.

get lost jim fox nt - Posted by Janice

Posted by Janice on January 27, 2004 at 22:35:31:

nt

Wow, you’re bright… - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on January 27, 2004 at 13:21:27:

No, JP Vaughan doesn’t work for Norton. She is the owner and publisher of this web site, CRE Online, Inc. and provides this discussion forum for you.

Jeanne

Unfortunately…the VIRUS is REAL! n/t - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on January 27, 2004 at 13:05:37:

Re: Wow, you’re bright… - Posted by Jim Fox

Posted by Jim Fox on January 27, 2004 at 17:47:41:

Yes, I know, but thanks anyway for mentioning it.

BTW, type “figure of speech” into google before you go off on your next rant.

Nice try… - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on January 27, 2004 at 15:51:15:

… Bit I think it’s plain to see that eight years ago, JP & Terry Vaughn put this site together to push their hidden Symantec agenda.

Yes, they’ve been patiently biding their time, waiting for the perfect moment to tell us to update our virus definitions and then collect their ill-gotten windfall.

Now that the money transfers are completed, the Vaughns are laughing like Dr. Evil all the way to Hawaii… on their private 170 ft yacht.

Seems like we’ve all been outFoxed.

Pick on someone your own size… - Posted by Stan

Posted by Stan on January 27, 2004 at 21:38:59:

Greetings to your SO…I, myself am a CIO of a fortune 500 company as well as real estate developer in my spare time. While I have no doubt as to JP and Jeanne ability to defend themselves, I think that you might have stepped over the line. Now I understand your need to speak and hear yourself ‘rant,’ but next time you might speak to things that you have actual knowldedge. JP was doing nothing but letting people know of a credible threat; a very dangerous one at that. She was also providing extremely sound advice to those that might be in danger of it. Now, JP being a trial lawyer and investor might not have the experience to make such a statement as Norton being the best. However, I have used all the corporate antivirus packages, inclding the one you have suggested. If you do not want to hear it from her, hear it from me, from someone who has used them: Norton is tops. In the years that I have used Norton’s, any of my companys’ have yet to be infected by any virus. The only connection I have to Norton is one satisfied customer. JP, I will go ahead and say it, “Thank You.”

BTW… - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on January 27, 2004 at 18:09:48:

Type “define rant” into Google before you use the word “rant” again. It’s much more suited to your original “anti-Norton” rant.

LOL HANK!!! nt - Posted by Tammy

Posted by Tammy on January 27, 2004 at 17:52:34:

nt

Hank is sick Puppy… and - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on January 27, 2004 at 17:50:53:

all around Funny Boy too… LOL

That was pretty funny, Hank… LOL

Keep the humor flowing…

JT-IN

Re: Nice try… - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on January 27, 2004 at 16:25:56:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Re: Pick on someone your own size… - Posted by Jim Fox

Posted by Jim Fox on January 28, 2004 at 06:39:38:

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Hackers love people like you… bury your head in the sand so you can’t see the problem.

Industry statistics show that nearly all F500 companies and most government agencies/departments are victimized repeatedly by viruses on a near daily basis.

Your assertion that yours never has is, therefore, BS. I’ll bet the next bit of BS out of your mouth is that no one in your company has ever opened an email attachment (for almost all viruses, they only way they can cause harm). Yeah, right!

Re: Hank is sick Puppy… and - Posted by marleneobie

Posted by marleneobie on January 28, 2004 at 20:23:22:

No really, Jim Fox is the REAL sick puppy. Not so much what he says, but HOW he says it. Real sick and rude too.

Marlene

I had the same response. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on January 27, 2004 at 23:10:10: