Update- Real estate info providers - Posted by Brad (CA)

Posted by Rick (MD) on September 14, 2003 at 09:16:34:

How many times do you re-use your paper plates before you feel like you got your money’s worth ?? :):):slight_smile:

Update- Real estate info providers - Posted by Brad (CA)

Posted by Brad (CA) on September 12, 2003 at 19:34:41:

So I called up the assessors office today while at work and found out that they do provide sq/ft and year built, but they charge $4/per house to get it, or $5 to fax or mail. So $100 for all sales prices and addresses, and $5 per comp. Figure 3 comps per house, 15 offers a week = 45 comps X $5 = $225/week for comps + $25/week for sales info = $250/week to get accustomed to prices and make information based decisions

What is your initial reaction to that? I think I’m pi$$ed I have to buy assessor data. I dont know yet though, maybe it will be good. I just kinda thought that recorder data and assessor data were both public.

Anyway to get this for free? I already started schmoozing the staff!

Brad

That’s why my husband calls - Posted by MM

Posted by MM on September 14, 2003 at 12:35:21:

and shmoozes the ladies for info. He’s got a way with women.

No way - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on September 13, 2003 at 08:08:06:

It can’t believe that’s true. California is so screwed up.

VOTE FOR ARNOLD!

In CT, I can view all land records for free either on the computer or in print. It will cost only $1 for a photocopy. I avoid that too. If I need a map, I take tracing paper and lightly trace over the lot boundries and measurements. It gives you a very accurate map for free.

Re: Update- Real estate info providers - Posted by Brad S. (CA)

Posted by Brad S. (CA) on September 13, 2003 at 24:34:07:

What county is that? Los Angeles county doesn’t charge and they even provide a plat map online and some recent sales, not that I would trust them as comps though.

Re: That’s why my husband calls - Posted by Brad (CA)

Posted by Brad (CA) on September 15, 2003 at 24:05:16:

Sure, ya know, what’ll work is what I’ll go with! Lots of money to save only for developing a relationship with someone.
May not need to take that route though, with some new recent happenings…we’ll see.

Brad