unlicensed - Posted by L Hayashi

Posted by John Merchant on September 05, 2004 at 10:14:58:

Probably not legal, and a complaint to the state RE agency would probably get that person a “cease & desist & explain” letter.

The lawyer or his/her assistant could do it, as part of their legal representation, NOT paid by commission, but no other person could legally do so.

unlicensed - Posted by L Hayashi

Posted by L Hayashi on September 03, 2004 at 18:58:24:

I know an acquaintence that sells real estate for sellers, but she is unlicensed and doe this for an attorney she’s related to. It this illegal?

Re: unlicensed - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on September 04, 2004 at 15:47:38:

Interestingly enough, not every person who sells RE for another has to be licensed.

e.g.; person whose job it is to sell RE for his employer co., does not have to be licensed. He really has no client, and is simply doing his employer’s buying/selling.

If RE sales person is doing it as agent for another, and not his employer, a RE license is probably essential.

Re: unlicensed - Posted by Lhayashi

Posted by Lhayashi on September 04, 2004 at 23:06:42:

I guess the question was not as clear as I had hoped. The attorney happens to be in the probate business and has his unlicensed friend sell his client’s property. I’m not sure the client’s relatives know that the “salesperson” is unlicensed. Is it legal if the person is getting paid a percentage of the sale and not paying taxes on the income? The “salesperson” is not an “employee” of the attorney.