Two down, third in the wings - Posted by Dave (WI)

Posted by Gary on May 24, 2008 at 13:00:22:

Kind of easy when you get the hang of it, isn’t it? Gary

Two down, third in the wings - Posted by Dave (WI)

Posted by Dave (WI) on May 20, 2008 at 20:58:04:

We just completed the sale of our second home last weekend. This was much more along the lines of a “Lonnie” deal, a little cleaning, a little paint, replaced the carpet in the front room and new stickon tiles in the kitchen and bath. The person I bought it from had it for sale at $8,000 for several months and didn’t get a single prospect. I was able to get it for $2500.00, $500.00 more for the supplies and we sold it in 5 weeks for $7500.00 cash. I did have another couple that would have paid me $9,000.00 if I financed but I like the money in hand. And this is where the networking comes in handy. John T, who also posts here, had a home for sale in the same park. I sent my second couple to him and they should be completing their sale in the near future. We are looking at a third one now, this one in a different park and a little lower in cost and economic level, but I think it should be ok. There are about 50 units in this new park and I think about 45 of them are occupied, it looks neat and not much trouble there from what I can find. This is one that was selling for $2500.00 but I’m getting it for $650.00. The mother has moved into assisted living and that’s what they need to cover the back lot rent. It took me a while to get started but it sure is fun now that I have.

Re: Two down, third in the wings - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on May 21, 2008 at 05:33:11:

Congratulations, good job!