trying to sell residential lot - Posted by c

Posted by Tom – IN on August 11, 2001 at 02:24:24:

So put out some bandit signs.

trying to sell residential lot - Posted by c

Posted by c on August 10, 2001 at 22:05:33:

I have a residential lot in Sullivan County,NY that I’m trying to sell. I’ve posted ads in the local papers & on some websites. This was about 3 months ago & had no luck. Can anyone guide me to other sites that I can post my property or other methods of selling it.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: trying to sell residential lot - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on August 11, 2001 at 18:59:31:

Have you tried letters/calls to all the bordering neighbors, especially those living in the area? Have you considered offering terms? Last summer I had a residential lot that I acquired at a tax sale and I sent letters to the four owners of the bordering properties. Because I was very inexperienced, I waited one week before listing it with a broker. Wouldn’t you know,the following week every one of those letters generated calls and offers. I sold it to the only neighbors actually living on their lot, and they were able to increase their acreage by 150%. Live and learn.

Letters and follow-up phone calls might plant some seeds in the area. Good luck.

Sincerely, Kristine

Re: trying to sell residential lot - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on August 11, 2001 at 15:35:02:

A site that I like is Theequator.com

Also if manufactured housing is permitted in your area, make sure that the companies that sell manufactured houses know that you have a lot to sell.