Trust Deeds - Posted by James

Posted by Bud Branstetter on April 16, 2000 at 23:56:59:

I am aware that in Florida until the back payments are caught up it is not possible to get clear title(title insurance). What is more common is the problem of getting an estoppel affidavit from the payors. If you buy without one there may be a dispute of who has paid what. That effectively can stop the foreclosure. Lorelei Stevens at wallstreetbrokers.com used to have an article on the subject.

Trust Deeds - Posted by James

Posted by James on April 14, 2000 at 10:00:32:

Hi, I read a post somewhere that there are laws against buying TD’s that are in trouble, i.e. , have back payments due on them. Laws that may effect or limit your ability to foreclose. I was not aware of any such laws. In other words if you buy bad paper and latter have to foreclose you could be stooped from foreclosing. I just figured you where a holder in due course, and as long as the original loan was made according to the law your buying it should have nothing to do with your ability to protect the interest you have bought. I have bought several of your courses and I have not seen any information on this subject.

Re: Trust Deeds - Posted by cassaundra

Posted by cassaundra on August 20, 2000 at 14:52:12:

If there is a non borrower’s signature on your trust deed, how do you go about removing them from the deed. This person has no financial obligation to the home loan, this persons name does not appear on any loan documents just the deed.

What recourse does the borrower/grantor of deed have in removing this person.

Thank you