trouble... - Posted by Jarod

Posted by Ben_Seattle on November 16, 2002 at 03:36:39:

Well Jarod people still need those “cheap” homes, right? So it really doesn’t matter too much where they are cause they don’t have too many choices. Is there anyone living in the horrible locations right now? Maybe those locations aren’t as bad as you think. Your main selling point isn’t the location, it’s the FINANCING. This will bring people no matter where the location. Good luck.

Ben_Seattle

trouble… - Posted by Jarod

Posted by Jarod on November 15, 2002 at 22:34:42:

finding respectable mobile homes that I can sell and then sleep at night after selling it to someone. The mobile home parks I want to work in are in the 10k-30k range. Any advice, or should I look at doing something else?

Re: trouble… - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on November 16, 2002 at 07:01:15:

Jarod,
From reading this thread it’s clear that you are making the same mistake we all do when we first start. You’re looking for HOMES instead of looking for MOTIVATED SELLERS! Search the archives for that (I come up with 317 matches) and see what the difference is. You CAN find homes in nice parks for good prices.
All the best, Lyal

Why not sleep??? - Posted by Ben_Seattle

Posted by Ben_Seattle on November 15, 2002 at 23:03:07:

Are you looking for a home for you or looking to make money? If people are willing to pay their hard earned money for a so called less than “respectable” home why would you not be able to sleep? They must like something about it if they bought it. Don’t let your vision of what the home might be cloud the overall plan. You are offering affordable living to people who can’t afford the 10k-30k range of home. If this still doesn’t convince you maybe you could buy these “crumby” homes and fix them up and then sell them. Then you would feel good about upgrading a home for someone and at the same time make a nice profit. Well, hope this helps and good luck at anything you do.

Ben_Seattle

Ben! - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on November 16, 2002 at 02:05:24:

Glad to see you again! Been since July!

Now that I have your mindspring email address, I can refer you to all of these moneymaking deals I have been spreading around!

Keep in touch! -Steve in Port Orchard

its not the home its the area… - Posted by Jarod

Posted by Jarod on November 15, 2002 at 23:40:04:

let me get more detailed. I have two scenarios;a)Ican find MH’s I think are in a good location but are two expensive and b)I find MH’s that are of lower quality but their locations are horrible. So my true problem lies with where the MH is located. However, maybe I just haven’t found a good location.

Re: Ben! - Posted by Ben_Seattle

Posted by Ben_Seattle on November 16, 2002 at 03:46:52:

Hey Steve well after all this time I finally contacted a pm in one of the parks I have been driving through for quite some time. I stopped by the office a few times with no luck. So finally I decided to leave a message on the phone. That was Wed. and she called me back today. I missed the call but she said that I could buy and sell in the park as long as I filled out a park app. and was approved. Is that standard to have to apply even though I will only be owning them for hopefully a short period of time, hopefully. Now that I think about it I think that sounds logical but any advice is appreciated. By the way I will look forward to those moneymaking deals. Take care and good fortune.

Ben_Seattle