Trespassing!? Littering!!??!! - Posted by jay phx

Posted by winston, CT on June 24, 2002 at 16:26:36:

Call them back and tell them you are sorry, and won’t be bothering them again.

Trespassing!? Littering!!??!! - Posted by jay phx

Posted by jay phx on June 24, 2002 at 13:42:01:

I hired a couple of guys to pass out flyers for a property that I have for L/O and the Apartment manager called me to say that I have trespassed on her property and littered. She wants to file a formal complaint against my company! Have I truly broken a law or something? I used to get flyers all the time when living in an apartment. Anyone else ran into this issue? What should I do? Thanks.

Jay

You’re going to jail… - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on June 25, 2002 at 08:21:21:

…not. Have you ever called the State Attorney’s office to file a complaint against someone? IF they call you back, that will be the first and last you ever hear of it. State Attorneys are all politicians, with political motivations. If they can’t get media attention from it, they won’t prosecute it. Can you imagine, the full weight and measure of the government coming down on a small business man, for posting flyers in an apartment complex, IN FLAGRANT VIOLATION OF THE NO SOLICITING SIGN??? “Notify the constable at once!”

Hopefully you realize I’m kidding by now. I really wouldn’t sweat this. Were it me, I’d probably tell her that I DARE her to file such a complaint, but then, I’m a sometimes nasty and combative person. I think if you ignore her, you’ll be fine, unless some local beauraucrat is motivated enough on the day she calls the city clerk (after being blown off at the higher levels) to send you a $25 fine. This “offense” is about on par with a parking ticket.