translations - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 31, 2008 at 19:05:46:

In fact, my leases state that the English version is the original and binding version and that the other party uses a translator at their own risk. Translations are very trick things (my wife was born and raised in Hong Kong, so I have long term first hand experience with the difficulties of getting a translation that is remotely accurate). The difficulty is that different translators will produce different translations and its bad enough what lawyers can do to the words in an agreement, but to add in a bunch of other variables as well is leaving yourself open to trouble. Just my opinion, of course.

translations - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 27, 2008 at 09:26:34:

I just came across this site and thought I’d give it one. I haven’t used them before, so I don’t know how good this is. Am in the middle of my first transaction. But it looks like a good concept to me, as the translators get feedback and ratings. Different people can bid on the job.

I know that sometimes the need is there to have translations into different languages, whether it’s a lease or contract or whatever.

www.translatorscafe.com

Michaela