transfering property. - Posted by danny

Posted by Bud Branstetter on October 23, 2000 at 09:44:53:

When you pay off a loan the lender will usually send you a Release of Lien. They may or may not record it. If not take it down to your county court house and have it recorded. There is no title company, attorney or closing involved. You can even call them up get their address and send them a check with the release.

If you are going to sell you can even do the paperwork yourself. You can get examples from the same courthouse . The other party may prefer to get title insurance and want it closed professionally. The idea of using lawyers or title companies is so that it is done properly and you may have recourse if it is not.

transfering property. - Posted by danny

Posted by danny on October 23, 2000 at 07:29:35:

how do you transfer property without using lawyers. i will pay off the loan so the house is clear. i want to avoid paying fees and closing cost, is it posible to do everything without involving outside parties. is there web sites where you can get all the necassary paper work. thanks, danny

Re: transfering property. - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on October 24, 2000 at 13:14:33:

You transfer property by having the seller sign a deed deeding the property to you. Then the notarized deed is recorded, and it’s done. Make sure and get title insurance.

Bud is right about the rest, but the deed can be done while you wait for the release of lien.